Cannot log In on my main account!

We just got google fiber, so gw2 is wanting me to verify my login from the new network. My main account has sms enabled, however gw2 is not sending me a text! I know it is the right phone number as it has not changed since I set it up..

My alt account(this one) has no sms authentication set up so was able to get in with email verification. I don't really play on this account, but now I am glad I made it...

I have no option to just send an email for verification on my main so please fix this, I would love to play your game on the account I actually play/spend gems on.

1 hour ago, NotADeusFatorumAlt.5681 said:

Update, the codes are coming but they are so delayed they are no longer valid on arriving.

You should try requesting the code at off-hours, during the day SMS traffic may be highly congested and having to ompete with all the other people on your area, network, etc.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

On 3/21/2023 at 5:50 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Make sure your phone, computer, game, etc. are all synced with official time.

If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below or send an email to 'support@arena.net'.

Good luck.

This is irrelevant, you act as if the text request was sent in the future or something and he is being responded too in the past. They need to relay the sms text message faster, has nothing to do with official times. A request goes in and its answered and automatically sent back..... 

On 3/21/2023 at 6:29 PM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

You should try requesting the code at off-hours, during the day SMS traffic may be highly congested and having to ompete with all the other people on your area, network, etc.

What part about the codes expire wasnt extrapolated from the previous statement?  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheReaper.7685 said:

This is irrelevant, you act as if the text request was sent in the future or something and he is being responded too in the past. They need to relay the sms text message faster, has nothing to do with official times. A request goes in and its answered and automatically sent back..... 

He is referring to the time synchronization used for one time password generation. Accurate timestamping is usually a necessary component of such authentication systems. Most OTPs sent via SMS have a time limit they are valid for.

That said, SMS can also be subject to delays by your phone provider or Anets SMS gateway. SMS is kind of like email and sensitive to network and server congestions.  I always suggest using an authenticator app over SMS.

• Like 1