Warrior STILL sucks in pvp

JTGuevara.9018

On 4/1/2023 at 2:56 PM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

ok...where do people even get this idea of warrior being "viable"?

Because of all the anti-melee GARBAGE in this overrated game (insta-blind, superspeed, mass AoEs) warrior has to work thrice as hard just to HIT THE TARGET. It doesn't matter what build you're running. It's no wonder why pvp despite all these musings about MATs stay in the toilet.

Discuss.

We should be clear that warrior was at one point absolute trash. It’s not strong enough to stay in the meta for Mats because it is not”op” or “totally busted”. It’s merely playable. But playable doesn’t mean very strong. People who fight against sb might argue it is in duels but in conquest it’s not one of the top picks! 

Hell even in duels there are some specs that particularly shine against it. And one of the issues Warrior historically has had is that it only does one thing well, while others can fulfill multiple rolls. Warrior needs to excel in its niche, not just be in an awkward limbo world of almost being good on many fronts. 

Spellbreaker is obviously the preferred choice atm in pvp, but even it’s weaker specs have this same problem. Warrior in general, no matter the spec, has a glass ceiling against it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 9:56 PM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

ok...where do people even get this idea of warrior being "viable"?

Because of all the anti-melee GARBAGE in this overrated game (insta-blind, superspeed, mass AoEs) warrior has to work thrice as hard just to HIT THE TARGET. 

How are blind and mass aoe anti melee? 

I wont say warrior is op or anything but I meet more decent warriors that I did in a long time, pre EOD at least. Intetesting many even play zerker and both condi and power. Probably quite easy to counter pick but for general ranked some builds seem very effective because players just aint used to play them. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/6/2023 at 2:24 PM, Cuks.8241 said:

I wont say warrior is op or anything but I meet more decent warriors that I did in a long time, pre EOD at least. Intetesting many even play zerker and both condi and power. Probably quite easy to counter pick but for general ranked some builds seem very effective because players just aint used to play them. 

You're serious, right?...

Blind completely nullifies melee attacks, which is what most of warrior IS. You're almost essentially nullifying the class for an instant. Of course, blind wasn't as big as issue before since it was rare for classes to have. NOW, though...A lot of classes have blind condition as melee denial. You can thank the expansion for this hot mess.

Mass AoEs are another form of melee denial. 

And the reason you've met decent warriors is because we essentially overachieve. We make do with the rusty-kitten tools we have...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/6/2023 at 8:24 PM, Cuks.8241 said:

Blind can pretty much shut down your big dps source which is usually burst skill, which kind of forces you to pick up the resilient roll which is not exactly ideal if you are running e.g. hammer.

This gets problematic if you are playing e.g. power zerker. Condition builds are usually duelists anyway so it's not such a big problem there, but power variant is, at least from my perspective, literally gambling whether you will get lucky and hit something or not.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 4:25 AM, Greyrat.2378 said:

Blind can pretty much shut down your big dps source which is usually burst skill, which kind of forces you to pick up the resilient roll which is not exactly ideal if you are running e.g. hammer.

This gets problematic if you are playing e.g. power zerker. Condition builds are usually duelists anyway so it's not such a big problem there, but power variant is, at least from my perspective, literally gambling whether you will get lucky and hit something or not.

Imagine leveraging and relying on RNG in a pvp scenario...(shakes head)...

Warrior is a tad better these days (spellbreaker, really) but it's still crumbs. This only becomes more apparent when you face skilled players.

On 4/6/2023 at 1:46 PM, gmmg.9210 said:

We should be clear that warrior was at one point absolute trash. It’s not strong enough to stay in the meta for Mats because it is not”op” or “totally busted”. It’s merely playable. But playable doesn’t mean very strong. People who fight against sb might argue it is in duels but in conquest it’s not one of the top picks! 

Hell even in duels there are some specs that particularly shine against it. And one of the issues Warrior historically has had is that it only does one thing well, while others can fulfill multiple rolls. Warrior needs to excel in its niche, not just be in an awkward limbo world of almost being good on many fronts. 

Spellbreaker is obviously the preferred choice atm in pvp, but even it’s weaker specs have this same problem. Warrior in general, no matter the spec, has a glass ceiling against it.

Also, let's take the best case scenario and warrior does get fixed. That STILL leaves this mess of a combat system to deal with! Boon/mobility/power creep. gw2's combat has gone to the DOGS. This game is just a hot mess that aged poorly.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Imagine leveraging and relying on RNG in a pvp scenario...(shakes head)...

aye, specially when the payoff is default output from other classes. feels bad.

57 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Warrior is a tad better these days (spellbreaker, really) but it's still crumbs. This only becomes more apparent when you face skilled players.

i agree, seeing better days after oct and feb, but its nowhere near close, like you said crumbs.

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Also, let's take the best case scenario and warrior does get fixed. That STILL leaves this mess of a combat system to deal with! Boon/mobility/power creep. gw2's combat has gone to the DOGS. This game is just a hot mess that aged poorly.

they've pushed out 2 good patches, we can only hope they keep at it.

as supportive as i want to be disappointment over the poor showing has truly left its mark. pretty sure many people feel the same way.

but positivity and faith is what we need moving forward. 💪

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

aye, specially when the payoff is default output from other classes. feels bad.

i agree, seeing better days after oct and feb, but its nowhere near close, like you said crumbs.

they've pushed out 2 good patches, we can only hope they keep at it.

as supportive as i want to be disappointment over the poor showing has truly left its mark. pretty sure many people feel the same way.

but positivity and faith is what we need moving forward. 💪

I'll just enjoy some of the pve. (open-world, dungeons, fractals...) I have KICKED this game to the curb when it comes to competitive multiplayer, as it's properly deserved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I'll just enjoy some of the pve. (open-world, dungeons, fractals...) I have KICKED this game to the curb when it comes to competitive multiplayer, as it's properly deserved.

currently loving the company i been running with lately in wvw, our link is great too, so things have really been looking up, working on some things in-game, and finishing up my legendary armory hoepfully within the year.

but, i had a conversation yesterday and it just reminded me how long i really stuck to it, and i decided i should probably move on to better things after i get my stuff done.

they've done good work lately, really hope they keep it up and bring the game to new heights. or at least bring warrior up to speed.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 4/6/2023 at 1:46 PM, gmmg.9210 said:

I'm just flabbergasted that it was even considered playable because of freakin' hammer...HAMMER! Without a doubt, the slowest dam weapon in the game! It's unusable without quickness! Good luck hitting anything these days with a weapon made of molasses. Same with mace.

• Haha 3

On 4/13/2023 at 9:55 AM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I'm just flabbergasted that it was even considered playable because of freakin' hammer...HAMMER! Without a doubt, the slowest dam weapon in the game! It's unusable without quickness! Good luck hitting anything these days with a weapon made of molasses. Same with mace.

Yes,I met in WvW yesterday a hammer warrior ,I was full zerk ranger it took him quite a while to defeat me even though he managed to keep me in stun lock xD and I took half of his hp even this way.

Now I don't know when or who ever saw a warrior with instant blinking vanishing flashing flushing and downing immediately the target but if anyone can point me out any warrior who did any instant downing lately like around half of the current meta professions can I will erect an altar to him and pray for his health and sanity from now on.

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2023 at 1:55 AM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Yeah I agree hammer doesn’t feel good without that quickness grandmaster in strength. Just too kitten slow and easy to dodge. We need easier quickness access (buff Frenzy cooldown to 30 seconds and increase the duration!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2