To make vindicator a nice healer in pve

trunksam.3497

First a little "bug" (don't know if it's intended) but when you swap legend with the urn of saint viktor, the animation drop the urn like normal second activation but deal no heal and give no boon.
Battle dance need to be an evade on place, not a dash back (in pve) to be usable in fight.
This archetype model is nice, give lot of boons, nice healing potential and good condi clean.

[&DQkMOwk6RS7cEQAABhIAACsSAADUEQAAyhEAAAcGAAAGEisS1BEAAAAAAAA=]

And here are the main problem, he doesn't give alac or quickness. i think alac is the best option for vindicator heal cause herald already exist for quickness.
So i would like to see alac given by evade with talent "imperial impact".
I know renegade give alac, but it's more a dps alac spec than a potential healer.

(ps: sorry for my english not my main language)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I see no problem to add alac or quick on it to be also viable in pve.

I played it on open world event and it's really fun ! I'm just here like "i can also play it on group/squad content if it get alac or quick".
Even battle dance isn't really a problem in pve, it works and can be a good opportunity to get back of aoe.
But the urn thing feels realy like a bug, don't know if it's one or if it's intended for some reason. But being penalized beacause i forgot to push the ult button a second time before switch legend feels really bad.

Edited by trunksam.3497
  • Confused 3

Or maybe , here's an idea , play heal quick herald/healalac renegade? They are both solid heals a bit sweaty tho. Vindi is the big d**k massive numbers heal. If u get dps alac or dps quick in subs you can just roll heal vindi with even the might + prot dodge. Bottom line is no , vindi oesnt need sharable alac/quick.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Demonas.1083 said:

Or maybe , here's an idea , play heal quick herald/healalac renegade? They are both solid heals a bit sweaty tho. Vindi is the big d**k massive numbers heal. If u get dps alac or dps quick in subs you can just roll heal vindi with even the might + prot dodge. Bottom line is no , vindi oesnt need sharable alac/quick.

so, if i like the mecanics and gameplay of vindicator heal, i just switch classe ?! thanks.
I don't want it to be as strong as hfb or other healing specs, i just want to be able to play it in instance content.
I'm ok with the idea to get 1alacdps + 1quickdps then a heal vindi but i don't think people gonna be ok to play with that.

On 4/20/2023 at 7:47 PM, trunksam.3497 said:

First a little "bug" (don't know if it's intended) but when you swap legend with the urn of saint viktor, the animation drop the urn like normal second activation but deal no heal and give no boon.
Battle dance need to be an evade on place, not a dash back (in pve) to be usable in fight.
This archetype model is nice, give lot of boons, nice healing potential and good condi clean.

[&DQkMOwk6RS7cEQAABhIAACsSAADUEQAAyhEAAAcGAAAGEisS1BEAAAAAAAA=]

And here are the main problem, he doesn't give alac or quickness. i think alac is the best option for vindicator heal cause herald already exist for quickness.
So i would like to see alac given by evade with talent "imperial impact".
I know renegade give alac, but it's more a dps alac spec than a potential healer.

(ps: sorry for my english not my main language)

Alac Rene works finely as a heal alac as well. Whether people want to play it or not, it's their choice, not a matter of making Vindi a an actual PvE boons healer or not.  Mallyx & Ventari already give a lots of cleanses, you don't really need the Vindi's, Jalis gives stab when needed. 

5 hours ago, trunksam.3497 said:

so, if i like the mecanics and gameplay of vindicator heal, i just switch classe ?! thanks.
I don't want it to be as strong as hfb or other healing specs, i just want to be able to play it in instance content.
I'm ok with the idea to get 1alacdps + 1quickdps then a heal vindi but i don't think people gonna be ok to play with that.

No one with the idea of a standard, optimal comp or with a bit of common sense is okay with "1 Adps + 1 Qdps + 1 Raw healer". The whole point being to make the most of the available squad/party slots.
You should stop forcing others to accommodate to your personal preferences of fun of "wanting to play heal quick Vindi" in group PvE.
Also no point in duplicating your post in the professions section of the forum FYI. You should read the forum moderation post in the Library section before posting.

On 4/21/2023 at 3:58 AM, Shaogin.2679 said:

I think the point of Vindicator healer is that it is a PvP healer. I don't think it was ever meant to be a PvE healer, and that is fine really.

He can also go play it in WvW, there are heal/support builds for it... but he only plays PvE as a bad One-Trick-Pony Rev.

Edited by RenneBright.2473
  • Confused 1