Let's talk a bit about ranger's design

latlat.4516

4 hours ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

And i dont use tab targeting so i could freely do it. From the perspective of someone using tab targeting i can get that point though. So i think having the option to bind it to another function would already open up a lot. As mentioned before this could be universal for all summons.

So i think having universally an option that allows you to command your summons and pets woul be fair. So attack my target and reatreat could be a universal button, as could positioning your summons or auto attack on called targets. 

More or less i want the pet commands to go into all professions and declutter the Ranger UI. It would also allow for more quality of life for all professions using summons.

I don't tab target either.  I'll click a target and use my side-mouse button (mapped to F1) to send the pet after it and then click on another target for me to attack.  This was made more cumbersome with Untamed as they moved the pet attack to F6; still, I will use F6 to send my pet off while I focus elsewhere.  I really enjoy that type of game play and would not like to see it diminished by taking away these options (which is what I understood from the post to which I had responded earlier).

I agree with the universal attack/retreat option.  It would be nice to have it consistent across professions.

• Like 2