What to do with spare ascended armor/weapons?

Greetings,

Im coming back to the game after a few years away and I find my bank filled with 100+ ascended armor/weapons (most of them from raids/fractals and the ocasional achievement), I have all legendary armor/jewelry and a few weapons, all my characters have all the ascended weapons they can use (minus EoD especs) on both power and condi versions. 

So I find myself trying to remember the reason why I was hoarding all those ascended items (have the fatebreaker achievement as well), was I expecting to gain anything from them?

Haven said so, is there a profitable way to get rid of them all? 

- The vanilla ones out of crates can be sold for 1gold

- According to the wiki: ascended crafting materials can be salvaged (although i think it doesnt apply to non-crafted items --> can someone confirm?)

Course of action:

1) right click -> destroy

2) salvage

3) sell them to the NPC merchant

Please halp!

Edited by Porrin.3298
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Porrin.3298 said:

Course of action:

1) right click -> destroy

2) salvage

3) sell them to the NPC merchant

Anything but 1.

Those that are worth 1+ gold you can sell to the merchant, if you are in need of gold. Everything else, as Crystal Paladin already suggested: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Research_Note#Salvaged_from

P.S. You might have hoarded the stuff to equip any future characters? Or perhaps in hopes of a mercenary/hero NPC system being introduced?

Definitely salvage them either for research notes or for magnetite shards.
You can convert all ascended drops into "researchable" items, by changing them in the mystic forge. I use the kourna map currency to buy the plaguedoctor insignias/inscriptions, other people use the mosaics from PoF to change the items to grieving (iirc) stats.
Make sure to remove all infusions before changing items in the MF.

Thank you all for your help!

Now what would be the cheapest(ish) insignia/inscription to use in the mystic forge?

I have infinite currency from all living seasons, PoF and HoT, volatile and unbound magic.

You all look like you can handle some drakes 🥰

EDIT: spent sometime in the wiki and without a doubt Intact Mosaic (grieving stats) is as cheaps as it gets (6 silver)

Edited by Porrin.3298
Updated info