Spellbreaker is still way too powerful

Vagrant.7206

@Nemesis.7896 said:Angry Cartman still angry that warriors arent an easy kill for them ?

Warriors have to go melee. Others flee and kite while avoiding 75% of everyhting.

Try a warrior and on your 900th death, you can come here and apologize.

End of debate.

I have about 1200 games on Guard, 600 on mes, 400 on ele and necro respectivly and 250 games on Warrior. Warrior is by far my highest win-ratio of 73%. (Guardian second at 66%.) These games are all in ranked. Some back when power zerker was meta, rest when Spellbreaker was released.

I would argue warrior has more ranged options than, Guard (not DH), Mesmer, Revenant and about on the same level as Engineer / Thief. (In terms of viability.)

The only classes that can viably kite a warrior while still being able to keep pressure up are Ele, Thief and Mesmer. Which is only fair considering none of them even comes remotely close to the sturdiness of the Warrior.

All this being said, I do NOT think Warrior is over-performing. I just hate fighting them, because of how forgiving the class is. You have to outplay the warrior. If you're both equal, 8/10 the Warrior will win.

@Nemesis.7896 said:Angry Cartman still angry that warriors arent an easy kill for them ?

Warriors have to go melee. Others flee and kite while avoiding 75% of everyhting.

End of debate.

I'd like to report that I followed your advice and set up my warrior as an SB for PvP.

I'm happy to report I could tank 2 people pretty easily while dealing out hefty damage and my only issue was kiting, good scourges, or other SB's. Man, that was an easy ride, let me tell ya! Makes holosmith look like a fever dream.

@Vagrant.7206 said:The latest set of nerfs was nice enough to bring spellbreaker out of god tier and just into S tier, but against other melee classes, they are simply way too powerful. On a holo, they are completely impossible to face -- ignore all your damage and dish out a hell of a punch.

Edit: Oh, and I'm seeing quite a bit of diversity of SBs that can just run other melee classes over. D/Sh+GS, GS+Ham, etc.

Ooo, to kick a ball, you have think like a ball. Thats what other Quaggans told Quaggan.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:The latest set of nerfs was nice enough to bring spellbreaker out of god tier and just into S tier, but against other melee classes, they are simply way too powerful. On a holo, they are completely impossible to face -- ignore all your damage and dish out a hell of a punch.

Edit: Oh, and I'm seeing quite a bit of diversity of SBs that can just run other melee classes over. D/Sh+GS, GS+Ham, etc.

Ooo, to kick a ball, you have think like a ball. Thats what other Quaggans told Quaggan.

Quaggan is going to have be a little clearer on what quaggan means.

@Razor.6392 said:God forbid there's one power class that holo can't mindlessly phaceroll to death. Get it? I mixed photon and faceroll. Hahaha.

I always see you post in any thread related to holosmith either outright demanding it be nerfed or insinuating it's super op. Who hurt you?

but back to the op. I don't think sb is that strong anymore. Sb vs holo is a pretty even fight (if you're using explosives and not tools), the winner is usually determined by which player is more skilled or who went in with less skills on cd. Try and predict when they will pop fc (usually after balanced stance and endure pain), even create some distance and bait fc with prime light beam. You can simply stow this when it procs or dodge and still do damage if they don't bite and attack you instead. prime lightbeam is unblockable so it's handy to try this when they use their shield stance.

@Abazigal.3679 said:SB is still OP because it requires dedicated counters and is way too forgiving. Similar to hambow actually..Also the debate upon spellbreaker 1v1 is pointless, you have to argue about it considering there is a scourge and a firebrand aside..

Well, yes, I am also in favor of reducing those classes overall capabilities as well. It seems like the dev team decided that the meta was going to focus around those three in PoF for some reason -- FB being tank/support, SB being tank/damage, and scourge being damage/support. Nerfing one will necessitate changing the other two to compensate.

@NaiveBayes.2587 said:

@Razor.6392 said:God forbid there's one power class that holo can't mindlessly phaceroll to death. Get it? I mixed photon and faceroll. Hahaha.

I always see you post in any thread related to holosmith either outright demanding it be nerfed or insinuating it's super op. Who hurt you?

but back to the op. I don't think sb is that strong anymore. Sb vs holo is a pretty even fight (if you're using explosives and not tools), the winner is usually determined by which player is more skilled or who went in with less skills on cd. Try and predict when they will pop fc (usually after balanced stance and endure pain), even create some distance and bait fc with prime light beam. You can simply stow this when it procs or dodge and still do damage if they don't bite and attack you instead. prime lightbeam is unblockable so it's handy to try this when they use their shield stance.

It's not actually an even fight in conquest -- the holo will be forced to kite the SB, and the SB will generally be able to decap/cap a point while the holo avoids taking too much damage. Even in a scenario where you don't have to worry about capping a point, generally SB's can keep up with a holo's kiting. Good SB's will see most of the holo's tells and pull a FC at key points to really mess up the holo's rotation. Holo does not have the same opportunity.

@rwolf.9571 said:I had a Warr/Sb? (Claimed he wasn't a SB) 3 times in a row on my team. Lets just say it took 4-5 people to take him down at far... Funny enough. I easily 1 v 1'd him in a separate match... Mirage might be a hard counter to SB?

FC makes SB's better when they are outmanned. Having more attacks being thrown around makes it easier to proc it, which does a metric fuckton of bullshit in the middle of a fight. 1v1 is when they are at their weakest

@OriOri.8724 said:

@rwolf.9571 said:I had a Warr/Sb? (Claimed he wasn't a SB) 3 times in a row on my team. Lets just say it took 4-5 people to take him down at far... Funny enough. I easily 1 v 1'd him in a separate match... Mirage might be a hard counter to SB?

FC makes SB's better when they are outmanned. Having more attacks being thrown around makes it easier to proc it, which does a metric fuckton of kitten in the middle of a fight. 1v1 is when they are at their weakest

Ah that makes more sense. I haven't delved into understanding SB skill set yet. I'm still mind boggled around weaver skills, and players who play them well.

@Strages.2950 said:Capture.png

Holosmith overheat combo 30k+ on a Spellbreaker. Once you get that knockdown, its game over for the SB, my endure pain didnt even pop, all my skills were greyed out due to the hard CC chain. Nothing I could do.

If you're losing constantly to SB's as holosmith, you're playing your class wrong.

breath in

BOIIIIIIIIIIIII YOU DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO DODGE WHY ARE YOU CALLING OTHER PEOPLE OUT LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hey, guys it's fine, every body can 1v1 anyone with 50% chance of winning, while one has god dam 1200000 range blink / group mobility / aoe stealth/ water field / team condi cleanse and the other has none but who cares it's fine, this is how gw2 community balance classes from what i read in the forums. lol

@Alehin.3746 said:

@Strages.2950 said:
Capture.png

Holosmith overheat combo 30k+ on a Spellbreaker. Once you get that knockdown, its game over for the SB, my endure pain didnt even pop, all my skills were greyed out due to the hard CC chain. Nothing I could do.

If you're losing constantly to SB's as holosmith, you're playing your class wrong.

breath in

BOIIIIIIIIIIIII YOU DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO DODGE WHY ARE YOU CALLING OTHER PEOPLE OUT LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I lold

@Vagrant.7206 said:

End of debate.

I'd like to report that I followed your advice and set up my warrior as an SB for PvP.

I'm happy to report I could tank 2 people pretty easily while dealing out hefty damage and my only issue was kiting, good scourges, or other SB's. Man, that was an easy ride, let me tell ya! Makes holosmith look like a fever dream.

I am 99% certain that you did not do that and you only wrote that to say spellbreakers are overpowered so Ranged Wars 2 would be more ranged for mauviettes scared of battle.

@Nemesis.7896 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:

End of debate.

I am 99% certain that you did not do that and you only wrote that to say spellbreakers are overpowered so Ranged Wars 2 would be more ranged for mauviettes scared of battle.

You're welcome to believe that if it makes you happy; I have no way to prove that I made my warrior into an SB and asked for tips (a nice SB was kind enough to help me out). But I wasn't lying, and it was as easy as I said. You're also welcome to go play a holosmith and try to fight a good SB.

Archived