Can we get a change to Spatial Surge casting priority?

Cpt Crunch.7058

Here's the issue, having Spatial Surge on Autocast has a tendency to break stealth when a target is selected on activation of Signet of Midnight. However the problem is worse than that.

The skill Spatial Surge has the same level of priority as Mirror Blade and Phantasmal Berserker when it is set to manual cast, but has a lower priority (thus interruptable) when set to Autocast. With Autocast enabled one can cast Mirror Blade immediately the moment it would be needed, if on manual cast you would need to wait for the cast of Spatial Surge to finish first messing up the timings or forcing the need to juggle an additional Stow Weapon before wanting to cast Mirror Blade at a precise moment.

Can the casting priority of Spatial Surge when set to manual cast be given the same level of priority that it has when set to Autocast? Sure Signet of Midnight could also be fixed but its arguably neater if the change were made to Spatial Surge since it would make manual casting less clunky.

And maybe still fix Signet of Midnight..... that immediate attack on activation of stealth and self-revealing is some serious BS and ruins the purpose of the skill.

• Thanks 3

i believe this is normal... its the autocast that makes any skill have low priority/able to be interrupted with any other skill. this is speaking from someone who turned autoattack autocast off for a year and then turned it back on again after realising the game wouldnt let me interrupt my 1.4s castime fireballs without smashing the esc/weapon stow key to cast lava font

i wouldnt mind if this was added as a general setting, however. attuning to air makes my ele suddenly crave violence with autocast turned on

Edited by Noodle Ant.1605
  • Like 1

No one said anything about removing the stealth from Signet of Midnight..... but knowing Anet and how they choose to "fix" things I guess it couldn't hurt to be more explicit and state that removing stealth should NOT be the fix.

Just to be sure. Can't leave anything to chance 🙄

On 5/28/2023 at 11:54 AM, Noodle Ant.1605 said:

i believe this is normal... its the autocast that makes any skill have low priority/able to be interrupted with any other skill. this is speaking from someone who turned autoattack autocast off for a year and then turned it back on again after realising the game wouldnt let me interrupt my 1.4s castime fireballs without smashing the esc/weapon stow key to cast lava font

i wouldnt mind if this was added as a general setting, however. attuning to air makes my ele suddenly crave violence with autocast turned on

Yea I would've liked to suggest that it would be the case but didn't want to make a suggestion without knowing how other professions would be impacted. I think Weapon Skill 1 chains should have a "normal" priority compared to other weapon skills given that chains tend to be shorter casts with the last hit having the longest cast.... and also the largest effect. However if the skill is not chain-able then it should have a lower priority manual cast more in line than when it is set to auto. It should also be a setting somewhere -.-

On 5/29/2023 at 4:20 PM, Cpt Crunch.7058 said:

No one said anything about removing the stealth from Signet of Midnight..... but knowing Anet and how they choose to "fix" things I guess it couldn't hurt to be more explicit and state that removing stealth should NOT be the fix.

Just to be sure. Can't leave anything to chance 🙄

😉

• Confused 1