chrono well changes.

Zarathustra.1458

5 hours ago, Zarathustra.1458 said:

So question I have, reading the changes, it looks like it is only the shield 5 skill that is losing alacrity generation. Did they at some point in the stream confirm that they are going to be removing alacrity from wells?

It appears that most/all Quick and Alac providers aren’t tied to wells/banners/spirits anymore. A positive move in general. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yes, unfortunately.  Ironically Chronomancer, the profession for which Alacrity was originally its defining feature, will now be one of the worst specs in the game at providing group alacrity.

Phantasms have a completely different degrees of usefulness in PvE vs WvW. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

It appears that most/all Quick and Alac providers aren’t tied to wells/banners/spirits anymore. A positive move in general. 

So wait, chrono losing the ability to apply alacrity out of combat is healthy? It seems that chrono support is going to be pushed into running phantasms.

Like if they were only touching the part related to tides of time I would be happy enough. The shield has felt a bit mandatory and would like to be able to use something else, but to also take alacrity away from chrono wells now means you are losing reasons to use some very useful support tools. Shoehorning the entire buff onto phantasms really limits the ability to prepare for a fight, taking away agency and choice by adding a strange additional condition.

• Like 5

Quickness and alacrity application is the same now. Shield is pointless to use because other weapons, like gs/sword, just deal more damage. Well of action got Alacrity for some reason, probably because timewarp exists so you have potentially the same boon output. 

Heal support chrono doesnt exist anymore. I think even its niche role as minstrel chrono tank on stuff like desmina got hurt badly. I mean you kind of wanted inspiration (SoI, mimic, and maybe precog well) as a tank plus your shield. Then you run STM and scepter, so you at least can provide quickness. Now you need to slot dps phantasmans in the worst case.

Just bring back pre EoD chrono at this point. Those reworks are seriously tiring.