Same Guild Different Matchup

Not sure if anyone else had this happen, but a guildie and I are repping the same guild for the restructuring beta, but we're in different matchups.  When she and I both look at the restructuring tab in-game, our guild shows as being in Stonefall, which when I go into WvW I am part of, but when she goes, she's in Moogooloo.  What's even stranger, last night just after reset, I was working on crafting Conflux and needed to go into WvW to buy some items for it, and was on a different character.  That character showed as being in Moogooloo too.  But, I checked my characters again this morning, even on my crafting character, and they all show Stonefall.

Is this among the reasons there have been several beta tests for the restructuring?  Inconsistencies with alliance assignments?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

*team assignments, not alliance. 

But did you both set your same WvW guild with the button (before thursday)? Repping the guild has absolutely nothing to do with it. It showing different worlds has been an old visual bug, once you go into a WvW instance you end up "correct" that your WvW guild got sorted to (well, is supposed to at least).

Sounds pretty common. My guild leader got assigned to a different world from the rest of our guild. We also had other guildies assigned to other worlds. They had the guild selected as their wvw in the guild panel and also on the wvw selection menu. Anet's not fixing for people either. I don't know about the rest of you but when I play an mmo it's to be with friends. WvW is team based so 2 weeks in a beta without a driver is going to be genuinely terrible.  The lack of flexibility from Anet for people that got misplaced is awful considering they are using us as guinea pigs for 2 weeks this time.

• Sad 2

On 6/11/2023 at 9:21 AM, CattivoUomo.7198 said:

That character showed as being in Moogooloo too.  But, I checked my characters again this morning, even on my crafting character, and they all show Stonefall.

What are you looking at that shows the character as being in Moogooloo?

• Haha 1

@Dawdler.8521I had set my guild way back when during the first beta, and never did change it.  So, I guess I can answer that by saying I didn't try setting it again before this beta. I've never changed the WvW guild, plus I thought if you don't have one selected, it just won't let you into WvW. @Chaba.5410 I selected another character, and just opened the WvW Mist War screen to select a map and it was immediately noticeable to me that it was showing the Moogooloo matchup because at the time all of the maps not only had queues, but they were pretty decent queues, like 20 to as much as 46 people in queue for each map. I wish I had taken a screenshot. This was right after the daily reset on Saturday.  I guess I'll chalk it up to being a Beta test, but if that becomes something permanent down the road, I can see it being frustrating for players to not be paired with their guildies in the same matchup.

2 minutes ago, CattivoUomo.7198 said:

I selected another character, and just opened the WvW Mist War screen to select a map and it was immediately noticeable to me that it was showing the Moogooloo matchup because at the time all of the maps not only had queues, but they were pretty decent queues, like 20 to as much as 46 people in queue for each map. I wish I had taken a screenshot.

That sounds like it's related to the bug where map names in the contacts list and guild roster are incorrect.  The only accurate place to view which team you are on is in the beta "team seletion" tab on the WvW panel.

• Haha 1

This sounds like OP is repping the same guild but did not actually set it as their WvW guild prior to matchmaking last thursday. Changing it now does nothing, and repping it has not impact on your assignment. In the WvW panel (B) there are two new tabs at the bottom which show all of your guilds and what teams they are assigned to. It will also tell you in the last tab which team you are assigned to for the duration of the beta.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 11:12 PM, Vekks.6013 said:

This sounds like OP is repping the same guild but did not actually set it as their WvW guild prior to matchmaking last thursday. Changing it now does nothing, and repping it has not impact on your assignment. In the WvW panel (B) there are two new tabs at the bottom which show all of your guilds and what teams they are assigned to. It will also tell you in the last tab which team you are assigned to for the duration of the beta.

Sorry, but no.  I set my wvw guild since the first wvw beta and never changed it.  Plus, if that were the case, that doesn't explain how one day I'm in Stonefall, the next day for maybe an hour I'm in Moogooloo, then the day after that I'm back in Stonefall. Had to be a weird bug.  If it happens next beta, I'll try to get some screenshots, and post to support.  Thanks for everyone's input.