Little suggestion regarding Mirage and its recent nerfs.

Geronmy.3298

33 minutes ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Clones get evade aswell! I use the dodges to give my clones evades when Ive activated a shatter skill, to protect them so they actually shatter at their target. I even think they get 66% movement speed when they get mirage cloak, which makes them run even faster to their target. 

This fails many times though, especially in wvw because of all the aoes and clones being so squishy in general.

Remember the reason why they nerfed phantasms and clones, they wanted to step away from the AI doing the work yet they have mech and untamed...great job ANET for slapping yourselves in the mouth...just say you are bias against Mesmers without saying you are bias against Mesmers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Remember the reason why they nerfed phantasms and clones, they wanted to step away from the AI doing the work yet they have mech and untamed...great job ANET for slapping yourselves in the mouth...just say you are bias against Mesmers without saying you are bias against Mesmers.

Exactly this! There's so much double standard going on at the balance team for many years now. So many things are ok for other classes, while for Mesmers its just outrageous and a big NO if they have a buff even remotely close to what others can do.

But I actually think it would be fair to have distortion on our phantasms til they become a clone. Plus as @Veprovina.4876 said, give our clones additional 5 sec distortion so we actually can have some use of them, especially for us Mirage players who really need our clones no matter what.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Yeah, at this point, they could just return permanent phantasms, i mean, Mech does what phantasms did, and 200 other stuff phantasms+mesmer never managed back then lol.

5 hours ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

But I actually think it would be fair to have distortion on our phantasms til they become a clone. Plus as @Veprovina.4876 said, give our clones additional 5 sec distortion so we actually can have some use of them, especially for us Mirage players who really need our clones no matter what.

Yes, in roaming scenarios it's fine, more or less, you can use MC like you said, but in zergs and squads Mesmers are actually lacking a mechanic due to this. This has been a problem for a long time now, that no other class had to face, and while not perfect, the solution to this would be to just allow that Escape artist trait work on all illusions. At least give clones the chance to do 1 attack.

• Thanks 1