Lets talk Quickness on Zerker. First impression.

DanAlcedo.3281

5 minutes ago, Valate.2594 said:

They did add it to the fire field ticks so it's a little better but because of the ICD, you need more than just FB runes or it will have small lapses between triggers because it's 5 second duration with a 5 second internal cooldown (ICD not affected by alac since it's a trait), so it won't pop until the next tic. You need at least 50% BD, FB only gives 40%. Like I said, it's clunky, banner quickness condition was 32k bench as well but also provided regular stability and superspeed, and continued to provide quickness during boss phase changes.

So, you're saying you want a build that was doing 32k dps as a dps boon support to free up 2 of your utilities on an elite spec where the utilities massively increase your damage, but you don't want to run any more boon duration than you had to when those utilities were locked up by banners now that they're free?

That's just like, a massive buff to an already very strong build, no?

And it wasn't clunky in my testing. If anything, it was too passive and easy, and good players are going to hit pretty massive numbers with this build once they map out the right rotation for it (which is just "go condi, always end longbow with your burst, do one sword burst at the end of your sword/torch rotation, and then burst right as you get back to longbow" and you get almost perfect coverage of the icd throughout your rotation).

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, mandala.8507 said:

So, you're saying you want a build that was doing 32k dps as a dps boon support to free up 2 of your utilities on an elite spec where the utilities massively increase your damage, but you don't want to run any more boon duration than you had to when those utilities were locked up by banners now that they're free?

That's just like, a massive buff to an already very strong build, no?

And it wasn't clunky in my testing. If anything, it was too passive and easy, and good players are going to hit pretty massive numbers with this build once they map out the right rotation for it (which is just "go condi, always end longbow with your burst, do one sword burst at the end of your sword/torch rotation, and then burst right as you get back to longbow" and you get almost perfect coverage of the icd throughout your rotation).

That's in line with what the other quickness dps specs do, and what the spec did as of yesterday, so yes?

Editing for clarification: Banners had 2 flex slots, you could swap out discipline for defence or even might if you needed the breakbar damage, and the banner other than tactics had plenty of wiggle room for timing, and was while running almost 40% quickness duration. Shattering blow was harder to take off but could if absolutely necessary, and slotting in battle standard was pretty clutch sometimes. Adding maintenance oil or whatever isn't a big deal but doesn't really change the core problem that you need to be hitting things to generate quickness, which isn't ideal, as well as most of your utility being required to maintain berserk so you don't run out of adrenaline and miss upkeep. Additionally when I tested initially, right after the patch the fire field pulses were not triggering the trait so it was way more clunky, but this looks like it was fixed pretty quickly or was being weird for me then but is working now. On a golem it works fine enough but against bosses it gets very clunky very quickly.

Edited by Valate.2594
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The actual suggestion I would offer the devs about the change is to increase the tick rate of the AoE from Scorched Earth so you don't get those little 1 second gaps that can decimate your quickness uptime. Other than that, I think it works well and with iteration will be a valuable change.

• Like 1

Y’all live on another planet if you think this trait is fine, it’s not. Requires you to run full rage skills which goes against the idea of not requiring specific utilities to support, furthermore it’s entirely reliant on alacrity so you need a support to support lol. suppose you’re pugging fraggles and your alac support is bad or just a new player so they struggle to keep up, now I can’t provide perma quick either T ^ T 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fig Fig.2617 said:

Y’all live on another planet if you think this trait is fine, it’s not. Requires you to run full rage skills which goes against the idea of not requiring specific utilities to support, furthermore it’s entirely reliant on alacrity so you need a support to support lol. suppose you’re pugging fraggles and your alac support is bad or just a new player so they struggle to keep up, now I can’t provide perma quick either T ^ T 

Well, the trait works with burst skills, not rage skills, so...not sure what you mean by having to run full rage skills. You don't. You could run the axe trait that generates adrenaline and never enter berserker mode or use a rage skill at all and get perfect uptime by lining up your core bursts properly or just running more bd and using just eviscerate off cd.

3 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Can't you just solve it with weapon swap?

Fire off one burst, get quickness, fire off another 3s or so later, than at 5s mark swap weapons and use that burst for quickness again.
If you're running discipline weapon swaps are 5s which are exactly what the icd of this trait is.

There are many reasons why you wouldn't want to weapon swap exactly off CD every time in every game mode. 

• Confused 1

I was talking to a few other warriors, i think having banner of tactics give like 3-5 seconds of quickness would fix most of the issues the build has.

It would give us a precast option, help cover gaps and downtime during encounters when there's nothing targetabke, and be useful for its utility if those aren't a concern.