Rifts like Rift? I hope these lead into some Massively Cool Timed Meta Event Bosses

Cant help but be reminded of Rift the MMO, with these new Rifts. I really hope there is some really cool massive timed meta boss battle event associated with Zone Rifts, that will bring masses of players together like other timed metas do, but with new post vanilla combat mechanic ideas and scaling. 

Edited by Knighthonor.4061
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Cant help but be reminded of Rift the MMO, with these new Rifts. I really hope there is some really cool massive timed meta boss battle event associated with Zone Rifts, that will bring masses of players together like other timed metas do, but with new post vanilla combat mechanic ideas and scaling. 

Yea I think Anet learned their lesson with dragons end meta, Gw2 open world players cant handle cool massive timed meta bosses anymore.

13 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea I think Anet learned their lesson with dragons end meta, Gw2 open world players cant handle cool massive timed meta bosses anymore.

They would just have to get the scaling right, both for the boss and for rewards. It could be a lot of fun.

DE is kind of a mess on several fronts though. I don't think it's just a matter of open world players "can't handle" it. That fight (to me) always seemed like it should have been instanced. 

But, who knows how they'll handle the upcoming expansion. At least the idea had potential.

On 6/28/2023 at 2:22 AM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Oh yeah! I recall those massive rift invasions, happening in almost 100% of the map. Good times in that game.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kumbaya.4689 said:

Oh yeah! I recall those massive rift invasions, happening in almost 100% of the map. Good times in that game.

Me too. They were really fun events. I wouldn't mind seeing similar in GW2. Joko's invasions were somewhat similar, but don't happen very often.