I'm giving you literal money here a-net.

When doing your betas instead of these sorry kitten boxes with exotic gear..

GIVE PLAYERS FULL LEGENDARIES.

Reasons:

1. Quality of testing - if you want us to test stuff shouldn't we have access to all and any gear stat combos on the fly?
2. Less clutter more testing - are we here to test stuff, or play janitor with around 60 pieces of gear from these boxes of yours??
3. Money for you - lotsa players may see what it's like to own a legendary set which will rise player retention.
    Imagine some players starting legendary grind after such beta because they can't go back to exotics.
    Or staying and playing because legendary gear let them experiment with a fun build they normally would not try in regular game because crating costs.
4. No skin off your back - beta progression gets wiped, no one will run away with a legendary into the live game..
5 I take it back. If you had any marketing sense at all you would draw few lucky beta winners who will get to keep one legendary for participating. That's how you get ppl to test your stuff and look good doing it.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, I don't agree at all, it was a weapons beta test, not a legendary armor test, why do you need to change gear when the weapons are just being unlocked to use with every elite spec and if you are only posting this to try and get free legendary armor, even if it's one piece, it's the dumbest way to think like that, grind it like everyone else.

Edited by TheRunningSquire.3621
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, TheRunningSquire.3621 said:

Ya, I don't agree at all, it was a weapons beta test, not a legendary armor test, why do you need to change gear when the weapons are just being unlocked to use with every elite spec and if you are only posting this to try and get free legendary armor, even if it's one piece, it's the dumbest way to think like that, grind it like everyone else.

Gear in a beta is deleted along with the character at the end of a beta, there is not point in grinding it out during a beta.

As to the value of legendary armor for testing new combat systems such as weapon mastery...it is invaluable. It allows a more thorough testing across multiple builds. If anet doesnt want in depth testing that is, of course, their decision to make....but it means that the results of the test are not as good as they could have been.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well, I understand your points, but the thing is that it was more about testing the compatibility of these weapons with different elite specs and core classes rather than a dps check for them. 

And to rest that the only qualification you need is just the correct weapon, doest matter if it's legendary, or literally a basic lvl 2 weapon. 

Anet just wanted to see if these weapons would work at all. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, TheRunningSquire.3621 said:

My beta character already had full legendary armor set thanks to me owning one in live game.
I simply wish anyone who comes test things for no reward whatsoever (beta progression wiped, not even a title to keep) could at least enjoy such comfort of testing.
Instead of dealing with mountains of junk that still limits their ability to test stuff (max 4 sets of gear and very limited rune selection).

And from business perspective (and not your ad hominem one) this is a win-win decision.
Anet gets better feedback from players.
Players get to test drive legendary gear, making some stay ingame to craft their own.
Reward for test participators (be it single leges for few lucky souls or a much lesser but guaranteed reward for everyone) increases above gains.

Simple, good business practice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1