Support response time [merged]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Phobetor.8016 said:No, it isn't an excuse. Never heard of a support system that takes more than 3 days. If they are busy, just a message that they will get back me with timeline or something - that would make a big difference instead of getting NO response from them. This is embarrassing.

Providing a timeline might sound helpful, but it can be counterproductive. They'd have to guess how long it's going to take to reach your ticket (and everyone else's) which may be right, and may be wrong. Then they have to explain that to the people who they get back to late. And re-iterate that this is just a response time, not a resolution time for the ones that couldn't be fixed with one response.

And none of the multiple hours of work involved in doing any of this would actually solve anyone's problem.

7 days is a long time, but not unrealistic as the volume of tickets is highest a few weeks after release. Odds are ArenaNet support staff are prioritizing the really urgent issues such as security and fraud, but everything else is going to take some time.

@Ben K.6238 said:

@Phobetor.8016 said:No, it isn't an excuse. Never heard of a support system that takes more than 3 days. If they are busy, just a message that they will get back me with timeline or something - that would make a big difference instead of getting NO response from them. This is embarrassing.

Providing a timeline might sound helpful, but it can be counterproductive. They'd have to guess how long it's going to take to reach your ticket (and everyone else's) which may be right, and may be wrong. Then they have to explain that to the people who they get back to late. And re-iterate that this is just a response time, not a resolution time for the ones that couldn't be fixed with one response.

Actually, it wouldn't be counterproductive and would be very helpful. I would be very surprised to hear if they didn;t have metrics that track their tickets. They have 5 years worth of ticket metrics that would easily provide them with timelines based on past problems and resolutions.

With all the games I've played large and small across many genres even during major content releases; it should take at most 72hours during major release drops. Standard turnaround should 24hours or less. If it is taking 7 or more days than they need to invest money back into a more substantive customer support team or they need to invest into a better workflow system, their issues could stem from a crappy ticket system as well.

I am personally very disappointed as well. I have an 11 days pending ticket and I have got absolutely no response from ArenaNet, even just to estimate a time frame for solving my issue... The worst part is I have my hands tied and I can't create new characters until they answer me, it's so upsetting. The argument that this is a free game does not apply. I've purchased both expansions and I've also purchased other items from the gem store with real cash, as many other people do, or else I strongly believe there would be no game - money is needed.I've had another ticket wonderfully taken care of and I was very grateful, so I'm not here saying "ArenaNet is mean, curse it", but I really wish they could improve their support team prior to the release of expansions or other big events, since, as everybody is indicating, these times are times when support staff is overwhelmed...ArenaNet, please hear us out!! We love GW2, please help us!! ;DD

@Vunter.6245 said:

Actually, it wouldn't be counterproductive and would be very helpful. I would be very surprised to hear if they didn;t have metrics that track their tickets. They have 5 years worth of ticket metrics that would easily provide them with timelines based on past problems and resolutions.

With all the games I've played large and small across many genres even during major content releases; it should take at most 72hours during major release drops. Standard turnaround should 24hours or less. If it is taking 7 or more days than they need to invest money back into a more substantive customer support team or they need to invest into a better workflow system, their issues could stem from a crappy ticket system as well.

The problem is, they've posted things about the game on here that were possibilities and things they wanted to do and players kept taking them as "we're going to doing to this." Then things happen and it doesn't happen and players get mad about non-existent promises being broken. So they are very wary of posting anything that may be misconstrued by those players as promises.

I've been waiting 2 weeks for a reply to a ticket about an item I bought. Funny thing is when I submitted a ticket a week before that because my payment wouldn't work they straightened that out in a day. For whatever argument you want to make based on that it looks like the response is faster if they think they are going to make money as opposed to support for an item already paid for. That being said this is the first time I have really had an issue with support. I just want to have my living story chapter unlocked so I can complete the story.

They should have live support (live chat) that would speed up resolving issues, i cant bele that they put on waiting ppl who got hacked accounts.im so happy that i dont any major problems like that now, and im rly soory for ppl who got them lik my firend hes waiting more that 2 weeks with hacked accont he cant even update ticket

@Nutterdad.6047 said:I know how you feel I bought this game a few days ago because it looked interesting, Im still unable to even log in , considering just getting a refund and just buy another mmo and give them a try. How would i go about getting a refund?

You would submit a ticket to the Billing CS Team. Be aware, responses may take up to 2 weeks, or more.

Good luck.

There is no excuse for a support team to not respond every day to every ticket. Not necessarily with a solution, but at least to let the customer know that they've seen it and where it is in the priority queue. I've been waiting 12 days so I can give them some more money, but they haven't even acknowledged that they got the ticket (other than the automated response).

Support teams need to be faster. If they can't, then they should temporarily transfer developers to the support team. (Which kills two birds with one stone, solving the problem and making development aware that the problems exist, so they're more careful in the future.)

ANet, you're responding on Reddit; why aren't you responding to your primary customers directly? Or, at least here on your own forums? C'mon guys, this is inexcusable.

Archived