Support response time [merged]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dzeka.5317 said:

@Inoki.6048 said:OK you guys, they just responded to my second ticket, so expect "somewhat" delay in responses :D but they mentioned they are flooded with them.

whats ur ticket no. ?

it was 6633547 but a couple of days have passed since then and they mentioned they work 24/7 on the resolution of the rest. They are heavily bombarded I've been told, no wonder.

@Daddicus.6128 said:There is no excuse for a support team to not respond every day to every ticket. Not necessarily with a solution, but at least to let the customer know that they've seen it and where it is in the priority queue. I've been waiting 12 days so I can give them some more money, but they haven't even acknowledged that they got the ticket (other than the automated response).

The automated response means they got the ticket.

@Daddicus.6128 said:Support teams need to be faster. If they can't, then they should temporarily transfer developers to the support team. (Which kills two birds with one stone, solving the problem and making development aware that the problems exist, so they're more careful in the future.)

It would be nice, but the problem with having a support team that's capable of answering all tickets within 24 hours during peak time is you have to pay them to do nothing during off-peak time, or lay them off again. Then re-hire and re-train a new team every release.

Transferring developers to support would not end well. Most of them were hired for other areas of expertise, dealing with customers might not be their strong suit, and they won't have any idea about the policies regarding the issues they're dealing with. Even worse they may think they do, and get them wrong. At best, a few of them may be able to help with technical issues.

@Ben K.6238 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:There is no excuse for a support team to not respond every day to every ticket. Not necessarily with a solution, but at least to let the customer know that they've seen it and where it is in the priority queue. I've been waiting 12 days so I can give them some more money, but they haven't even acknowledged that they got the ticket (other than the automated response).

The automated response means they got the ticket.

@Daddicus.6128 said:Support teams need to be faster. If they can't, then they should temporarily transfer developers to the support team. (Which kills two birds with one stone, solving the problem and making development aware that the problems exist, so they're more careful in the future.)

It would be nice, but the problem with having a support team that's capable of answering all tickets within 24 hours during peak time is you have to pay them to do nothing during off-peak time, or lay them off again. Then re-hire and re-train a new team every release.

Transferring developers to support would not end well. Most of them were hired for other areas of expertise, dealing with customers might not be their strong suit, and they won't have any idea about the policies regarding the issues they're dealing with. Even worse they may think they do, and get them wrong. At best, a few of them may be able to help with technical issues.

This basically helps prove the point that Anet's support system and structure are flawed and a mess. There are video game companies and companies out there with a larger audience/client base with a similar support staff that handles these peak times in a way quicker manner than 7 days. I was having a discussion with some guildmates and they made some conclusions that are most likely correct that Anet uses offshore/outsourced/third-party support solutions. This is probably 95% the problem in that the money they are spending on this outsourced third-party solution could otherwise be spent on more effective support solutions.

@dzeka.5317 said:support is awful 0 points rly. cant beleve that ppl waiting month or more for ticket answer !!

Yeah, I'm very surprised that there are some people here that are trying to tell us that this is normal and common. I mean don't get me wrong I love GW2; one of the best games I have ever played and will continue playing. It's just that when you have friends that have tickets out for weeks for technical unplayable reasons it's super annoying when people say "7 days or more is typical for most companies during content drops." I'm like umm no what planet are you from!!

@Vunter.6245 said:Can someone explain to me why it takes ArenaNet weeks to respond to tickets; the excuse that they just launched an expansion doesn't count because they have always taken over 7 days to respond to tickets. I have multiple friends report the same time frames of 1 week to upwards of a month to get an initial response. I mean seriously this customer service has to be on the top 5 slowest in video game history.

There was a post in previous forum with a huge majority of players praising support, myself included.That they are having issues right now is possible, but they haven't always taken that long, it's simply not true.

@Vunter.6245 said:Can someone explain to me why it takes ArenaNet weeks to respond to tickets; the excuse that they just launched an expansion doesn't count because they have always taken over 7 days to respond to tickets. I have multiple friends report the same time frames of 1 week to upwards of a month to get an initial response. I mean seriously this customer service has to be on the top 5 slowest in video game history.

Maybe time taken depends on the issue?

I had my issue dealt with in 24 hours and a follow up issue today dealt with in 2 hours, that seems a pretty impressive response time to me.

@StickleBrix.1549 said:

Maybe time taken depends on the issue?

I had my issue dealt with in 24 hours and a follow up issue today dealt with in 2 hours, that seems a pretty impressive response time to me.

nice to hear some positive news, and whats u issue?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It is not true that they have always taken over 7 days to respond to tickets. The usual (when not overloaded) response time is within 72 hours. I'm guessing a lot more players joined or returned to the Guild Wars universe than was expected, just like at Core launch.

I also imagine the CS Team is as frustrated with the backlog as the players.

Actually, 2 of my tickets took longer than 7 days to respond since near the launch of PoF, before and after. So you are full of kitten.

Ticket ID: 6650449

Hello!First of all let me say that I appreciate everything ArenaNet does for the community. While i'm completely aware that not everyone is always happy with the response time, I have generally had a great experience with the game and the management of it.

Secondly I had a question regarding the last activity marked on my ticket and was hoping that an ArenaNet representative would be willing to check into my issue for me.

Thank you

@Kahrgan.7401 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:It is not true that they have always taken over 7 days to respond to tickets. The usual (when not overloaded) response time is within 72 hours. I'm guessing a lot more players joined or returned to the Guild Wars universe than was expected, just like at Core launch.

I also imagine the CS Team is as frustrated with the backlog as the players.

Actually, 2 of my tickets took longer than 7 days to respond since near the launch of PoF, before and after. So you are full of kitten.

And they've had a higher than normal ticket load since the announcement of PoF. So unless your "near PoF" launch was prior to PoF's announcement, you're talking about a period when they were overloaded.

I was just coming here to post about this, I'm a new player(well returning, but haven't played in years). I'm coming from playing WoW. Blizzard has impeccable customer service. I was enjoying GW2 enough to upgrade to Path of Fire. But for some reason the transaction went through, but it never upgraded. I received one response from my ticket, that the code was applied.. Which I had explained to them I could see that in my account management. So it feels like I'm out of the money I spent.

Archived