presence of pvp Tournaments

Slycor.2398

There is such a small pvp community nowadays,

How about an easy  built in idea, of making the tournys open for public to spectate and cheer for others. maybe even with reviews afterwards (with or without being able to see builds). This way new Players can learn from better Players to spectate in tourny format instead of searching for twitch streams.

Also if you do it like gw1, where a global announcement appeart, when somebody won  Heros Ascent for example.
Then this would give maybe some Attention to the existence of  the pvp gamemode. 

Also a  Problem why new player don´t like to play pvp is the hard gatekeeping ( i mean you just gettin rolled over and over at start).
A Gamemode which give new player or pve player who want to start pvp, a chance to learn and improve would be great ( and not unranked to be fair)
Maybe something similar to codex arena in gw1, that you maybe get a preset of classes or builds allowed for 1 week and then roll to next ones. So the new players aren´t loaded with 36 possible elite specs at the same time to learn the game slowly and steady.

Just some ideas :)

/cheers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slycor.2398 said:

There is such a small pvp community nowadays,

How about an easy  built in idea, of making the tournys open for public to spectate and cheer for others. maybe even with reviews afterwards (with or without being able to see builds). This way new Players can learn from better Players to spectate in tourny format instead of searching for twitch streams.

Also if you do it like gw1, where a global announcement appeart, when somebody won  Heros Ascent for example.
Then this would give maybe some Attention to the existence of  the pvp gamemode. 

Also a  Problem why new player don´t like to play pvp is the hard gatekeeping ( i mean you just gettin rolled over and over at start).
A Gamemode which give new player or pve player who want to start pvp, a chance to learn and improve would be great ( and not unranked to be fair)
Maybe something similar to codex arena in gw1, that you maybe get a preset of classes or builds allowed for 1 week and then roll to next ones. So the new players aren´t loaded with 36 possible elite specs at the same time to learn the game slowly and steady.

Just some ideas 🙂

/cheers

I did not understood why these things weren't in the game at launch(2012). For the first 3 years, GW2 really pushed to be e-sports... if these features weren't added back then(even most of what you mentioned was part of GW1 in 2007), it won't be added now.

I think the spectate idea would be fine if it was something that is recorded and saved that you can watch after the match has ended.

I wouldnt suggest being able to spectate it live. That kind of thing gets abused easily.

Edited by Endorphin.9147
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 8:01 PM, Endorphin.9147 said:

I think the spectate idea would be fine if it was something that is recorded and saved that you can watch after the match has ended.

I wouldnt suggest being able to spectate it live. That kind of thing gets abused easily.

Well obviously with an delay like in LoL for example ^^

Edited by Slycor.2398