The Tengu Topic: Reasons Why Tengu As A Playable Race Will Happen In GW2's Future & Needs To Happen

Projecting forward with the new paradigm of more frequent "mini" expansions and their content, one has to wonder if not new races then what?

SOTO brings weapon mastery and new weapons, 2 new maps, 2 strikes, new masteries, skins, easier skyscale,  and new reward system. Subsequent SOTO releases (was it 2 or 3 of those?) add another map, CMs and legendary armour. Did I miss anything?

Next expansion brings what then? Using SOTO as a template we can presume 2 new maps, another new weapon, 2 strikes, new masteries, skins and .... ? Follow up releases probably the same concept ie another map, CMs but except without the legendary amour.

So what else can they add that's on the scale of weapon mastery, new reward system, mount access and legendary armour etc. Without those it's even lighter on content than SOTO and people are already critical of SOTO in that regard.

I guess they can add a new legendary weapon set. But what else?

A new mount? Possible but unlikely given the current ones cover pretty much all archetypes.

A new class? Also possible but again, what archetype could it be and balance issues etc?

A new race? Yes it's difficult for all the reasons mentioned before.

I'm just at a loss as to what other significant additions they can make to justify it as an expansion. Maybe they'll just add more maps including PVP and WvW maps? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jamesg.7128 said:

Projecting forward with the new paradigm of more frequent "mini" expansions and their content, one has to wonder if not new races then what?

Well, they haven't gone the "mini expansion" way to add more stuff with expansions. They did it to add less stuff with them.