Unfair pricing for old players

I'm going to avoid this whole debacle while noting that I'm not motivated to purchase anything from GW2 at all because of this. I understand, this really isn't the fault of the team. I also don't believe the answer is to match these prices, I think the problem we have here is the Steam integration - or lack there is.

Games like Warframe and Path of Exile does this integration well and they aren't the cheapest games out there - still I'm more inclined to buy stuff in Warframe, because they have integrated Steam payment into their system. And I can still buy outside the Steam ecosystem if I choose to. 

I think players should be able to link their accounts, rather than being forced to choose. Their choice should lie with the ability to pay more.

Personal input, but I'd pay much more than I have in the past six months or so if I had my account linked to my Steam account. It's evident that I'm not alone in this view. 

Edited by JulesPetrikov.7920
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Heroic.6740 said:

banana                                        / same banana

this banana costs 3 dolar        / this banana costs 10 dolar

you want to buy this banana / because of this banana you bought earlier you can't continue to eat with cheaper banana

False analogy is false, because a video game is not a banana. You eat a banana once and it's gone. A video game saves progress.

I wouldn't trade all the progress I've made playing all these years to start now and get the game cheaper.  The only thing this game has in common with a banana is it has appeal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1