It been years, can we get normal group function for Strikes now?

Alac and quick are here to stay. So are Strikes. Subgroups are relevant for boon application. Can Strike squads maybe get a real group functionality without buying a commander tag. I'm not paying 250g to sort out my subgroups for Strikes. If Anet is afraid that the filthy casuals start making their own group for strikes, they can lock it behind an achievement, Prophet shard or hatched chilis for all i care.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Alac and quick are here to stay. So are Strikes. Subgroups are relevant for boon application. Can Strike squads maybe get a real group functionality without buying a commander tag. I'm not paying 250g to sort out my subgroups for Strikes. If Anet is afraid that the filthy casuals start making their own group for strikes, they can lock it behind an achievement, Prophet shard or hatched chilis for all i care.

Squads without commander have the group function, just the same as those with commander. The difference is that since there's no defined leader for the squad, there's no one that have the authority to mandate who goes into what group; people have to move themselves.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, Zohane.7208 said:

Squads without commander have the group function, just the same as those with commander. The difference is that since there's no defined leader for the squad, there's no one that have the authority to mandate who goes into what group; people have to move themselves.

Just make the squad creator the lead, so one person can sort out the subgroups in an orderly fashion. Like the command tag works, just without the tag.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Just make the squad creator the lead, so one person can sort out the subgroups in an orderly fashion. Like the command tag works, just without the tag.

Just like in.. every multiplayer game out there? It's almost like not paywalling option to have your own group is a good thing!

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, GetFoxxed.9478 said:

Just like in.. every multiplayer game out there? It's almost like not paywalling option to have your own group is a good thing!

It’s not even a real pay wall 250g isn’t much gold that’s at most a few hours of gameplay,  you aren’t being forced to pay real money to acquire it. All other content that wants those squad specific functions require the leader own a tag why should strikes be any different? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, GetFoxxed.9478 said:

Very good point. Let's remove commander tag from PvE altogether, and keep it to WvW only.

Or you couldn’t be entitled and you can just purchase the functionality with in-game currencies that take a few hours to get.  It’s not like not having the tag stops players from doing the content, it’s not a necessity.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Or you couldn’t be entitled and you can just purchase the functionality with in-game currencies that take a few hours to get.  It’s not like not having the tag stops players from doing the content, it’s not a necessity.

Existing is not a necessity, yet we are here. There is no reason why there should be an arbitrary paywall on commander.

• Like 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Existing is not a necessity, yet we are here. There is no reason why there should be an arbitrary paywall on commander.

It’s not a paywall, you aren’t having to pay real money for it, it’s an unlockable game feature that isn’t required to play the game. It is a convenience item that is easily unlockable by anyone that has access to the game. Demanding the functionality without unlocking the feature is just entitlement 

• Like 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

t’s not even a real pay wall 250g isn’t much gold that’s at most a few hours of gameplay,  you aren’t being forced to pay real money to acquire it. All other content that wants those squad specific functions require the leader own a tag why should strikes be any different? 

Respect your time a little more. That is 8 hours of farming or 20 bucks to sort sub groups. It not content, it is an interface feature. The reasoning is in the original Post.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Demanding the functionality without unlocking the feature is just entitlement 

Then I guess all other multiplayer games are entitled lmao, because you can have your own (ACTUALLY own) party without any trash like that.

Jesus Christ, some people would justify just about any nonsense for the sake of "wOrKiNg FoR It".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, GetFoxxed.9478 said:

Then I guess all other multiplayer games are entitled lmao, because you can have your own (ACTUALLY own) party without any trash like that.

Jesus Christ, some people would justify just about any nonsense for the sake of "wOrKiNg FoR It".

You can have a party nothing is stopping people from grouping up.  And this game isn’t every other game… using your logic you’ve presented so far nothing in this game should have to be unlockable… 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Respect your time a little more. That is 8 hours of farming or 20 bucks to sort sub groups. It not content, it is an interface feature.

I respect my time and I play the game periodically to unwind, and the gold flows with little to no effort, while doing activities that aren’t farming gold specifically like fractals, sPvP, meta maps for achievements 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

You can have a party nothing is stopping people from grouping up. 

And not even have a proper ready check lmao.

3 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

And this game isn’t every other game… 

No, it has to be "special" when it comes to re-inventing the wheel, but "just like everyone else" when it comes to importing annoying stuff from other games.

4 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

using your logic you’ve presented so far nothing in this game should have to be unlockable… 

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

And not even have a proper ready check lmao.

No, it has to be "special" when it comes to re-inventing the wheel, but "just like everyone else" when it comes to importing annoying stuff from other games.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

You want those features unlock them. It’s not like it’s hard, it’s one of the easiest unlockable sin the game.

again no reason to compare the features that have always existed in this game to other games, since this game hasn’t claimed to do things like every other game.

If you want the not necessary convenience item features you should unlock the unnecessary convenience item that offers the feature, just like every other convenience feature that isn’t required to do any content in the game.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

So basically people want commander functions without paying for commander functions? Yeah.... I'll go with "no please" on that.

Basic squad functions, as introduced with raids are enough to technically be able to do raids and therefore, by extension, strikes. It's not as full-blown as a commander function, but then again, that's what you pay for with your gold...

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

You want those features unlock them. It’s not like it’s hard, it’s one of the easiest unlockable sin the game.

again no reason to compare the features that have always existed in this game to other games, since this game hasn’t claimed to do things like every other game.

If you want the not necessary convenience item features you should unlock the unnecessary convenience item that offers the feature, just like every other convenience feature that isn’t required to do any content in the game.

Why should I? I'm not wasting 8+ hours/20 bucks because Anet makes a bad interface and lock the Solution behind a Gold wall. I just don't make Strike groups. I did try after i got into Strikes, i actually was pretty hyped and geared my druid. Letting other players, especially noobs organize themselves is a nightmare.

29 minutes ago, Zohane.7208 said:

So basically people want commander functions without paying for commander functions? Yeah.... I'll go with "no please" on that.

Basic squad functions, as introduced with raids are enough to technically be able to do raids and therefore, by extension, strikes. It's not as full-blown as a commander function, but then again, that's what you pay for with your gold...

What is there to gain to gate keep your own mode of choice in an MMO. Popularity is kind of relevant for content to exist. Even if you do not care, what to you gain by gate keeping?

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Like 1
  • Confused 9

Just now, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Why should I? I'm not wasting 8+ hours/20 bucks because Anet makes a bad interface and lock the Solution behind a Gold wall. I just don't make Strike groups. I did try after i got into Strikes, i actually was pretty hyped and geared my druid. Letting other players, especially noobs organize themselves is a nightmare.

What is there to gain to gate keep your own mode of choice in an MMO. Popularity is kind of relevant for content to exist. Even if you do not care, what to you gain by gate keeping?

Reveal hidden contents

I refuse to believe people are that self centered.

Then you don’t get the not required convenience feature… it’s not behind a paywall you don’t have to pay real money to acquire it, you can unlock it from just doing normal gameplay if you want it… again the entitlement is real with wanting something given for free just because it’s inconvenient for you. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

What is there to gain to gate keep your own mode of choice in an MMO. Popularity is kind of relevant for content to exist. Even if you do not care, what to you gain by gate keeping. I refuse to believe people are that self centered.

There's no gatekeeping; Literally anyone in the game can start a strike/raid squad and make it happen. Commander tag is NOT required so again there's no gatekeeping.

If you don't feel like paying a rather trifling sum of gold for the tag, that's entirely up to you, and you'll still be able to to do strikes. I see commanderless strikes in lfg all the time.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

So the argument is "keep it worse then it should be", because"...." you can grind for it? Seems like a unnecessary hurdle, but there is no arguing against fundamental believes.
Also pls for the love of god some People need to touch grass or hug their loved ones. Calling someone entitled because of a suggested Interface improvement is just sad state to be.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

So the argument is "keep it worse then it should be", because"...." you can grind for it? Seems like a unnecessary hurdle, but there is no arguing against fundamental believes.
Also pls for the love of god some People need to touch grass or hug their loved ones. Calling someone entitled because of a suggested Interface improvement is just sad state to be.

I believe people are being called entitled for wanting an existing (in-game charge) feature given for free, not for suggesting an improvement to the game...

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Zohane.7208 said:

believe people are being called entitled for wanting an existing (in-game charge) feature given for free, not for suggesting an improvement to the game...

Come on man. Read the original post, you are just lying here. I did talk about achievements/prophet shards.
A lot of people on the forum should open a dictionary from time to time. Entitlement: "the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.".
It is a unnecessary hurdle for opening up groups. Calling sorting sub groups a privileges is stretching the word into absurdity. It is like calling a fork a privilege because you can eat a steak with the knife alone.
It not the end of the world if it stays as it is now, it is just stupid.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Confused 4

37 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Come on man. Read the original post, you are just lying here. I did talk about achievements/prophet shards.
A lot of people on the forum should open a dictionary from time to time. Entitlement: "the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.".
It is a unnecessary hurdle for opening up groups. Calling sorting sub groups a privileges is stretching the word into absurdity. It is like calling a fork a privilege because you can eat a steak with the knife alone.
It not the end of the world if it stays as it is now, it is just stupid.

You’re wanting the special treatment of getting a not required convenience feature that is unlockable for the price of gold for free/no effort, seems like some people need to have reading comprehension. 

just because something is inconvenient to you or you don’t want to put the “effort” in to unlock something easily attainable doesn’t mean you should get just because you whines about it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3