Now that no more elite specs, equipement Templates!

As title suggest, since we are not getting more elite specs, any chance to add a few more equipement templates, i got a few gear setups  i would wish to have saved because i use most of them in my necro, but i cant because not enough templates, so a few more be neat xD. Obviously this is just a sugestion, i am not even sure if other people would like it too, but i decided to do the thread because if enough people want it maybe anet will provide it for us xd!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

what's bizare is that there's three main roles in the game, (dps, boon support, heal), and three builds tabs by default, but for some reason you only get two equipment tabs by default so you can't actually play all roles in a group without buying anything extra from the gemstore.

i think the equipment tab situation in general could use a significant quality of life pass.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

what's bizare is that there's three main roles in the game, (dps, boon support, heal), and three builds tabs by default, but for some reason you only get two equipment tabs by default so you can't actually play all roles in a group without buying anything extra from the gemstore.

That's because originally, you had a gear set up for PvE and one for WvW. However, you had three builds: one for PvP, one for PvE and one for WvW.

When they changed it into templates loadouts, they changes the gear set ups into two gear templates loadouts and the builds into three build templates loadouts.

sPvP doesn't use gear, so there was no third gear template loadout to be added.

This doesn't have anything to do with roles.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That's because originally, you had a gear set up for PvE and one for WvW. However, you had three builds: one for PvP, one for PvE and one for WvW.

When they changed it into templates loadouts, they changes the gear set ups into two gear templates loadouts and the builds into three build templates loadouts.

sPvP doesn't use gear, so there was no third gear template loadout to be added.

This doesn't have anything to do with roles.

this way of thinking is incredibly outdated, and we shouldn't avoid changing things just because it was done for "some reason".

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

this way of thinking is incredibly outdated, and we shouldn't avoid changing things just because it was done for "some reason".

I'm not defending their choice in any way. If it sounded that way to you, that was not my intention.

I just explained how the numbers of templates loadouts came to be. They literally just gave us the minimum amount necessary to not lose any set up or build.

But that's still more than they are going to give us with the relic changes, which will be only one relic per character instead of one relic per gear template loadout.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'm not defending their choice in any way. If it sounded that way to you, that was not my intention.

I just explained how the numbers of templates loadouts came to be. They literally just gave us the minimum amount necessary to not lose any set up or build.

But that's still more than they are going to give us with the relic changes, which will be only one relic per character instead of one relic per gear template loadout.

It is 3 relics atm it might  change tho so your 1 relic might be the outcome yea.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is 3 relics atm it might  change tho so your 1 relic might be the outcome yea.

Even three may not be not enough for some players that have characters with more than three gear templates loadouts.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1

On 7/22/2023 at 6:53 PM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think the equipment tab situation in general could use a significant quality of life pass.

Because, it's all about the benjamins. The first two is free! The next one is gonna cost ya!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1