Elite Spec idea: Seance (Work in Progress)

Mediahead.3542

Here's my idea for a ranged support spec. Bare in mind it's not fully fleshed out yet, as I've been having some difficulties coming up with skills and traits. 

Constructive criticism is appreciated. 

Lore: The seance use their necromancy to commune with the dead, thus forming beneficial relationships with them. The seance protects the spirits from those that would harm and exploit them, and in return the spirits would aid the seance and their allies in battle. They keep enemies at bay with their longbow, and with their Phantom Shroud, they are able to phase between our world and the next, protecting themselves from attacks.

Unique Profession Mechanic:
      Phantom Shroud
      Entering and exiting Phantom Shroud grants you temporary distortion.

Phantom Shroud skills

Going Ghost
   Disappear in a cloud of spectral haze, granting stealth

Longbow skills (so far)

1. Chillshot
    Shoot icy arrows at target foe.

2. Ghostly Chains
    Fire arrow at target foe to tether them to the ground. If they move beyond the threshold, they're pulled back to arrow that tethered them. Reveals target every second

5. Rising Arrows
    Shoot a ghostly arrow toward the ground. Arrows will burst out of the ground at target area, damaging and weakening foes

Slot Skills

Healing:

Rejuvenating Spirit
    Spirit. Summon a rejuvenating spirit at a target location to heal yourself. The spirit will speak enchanted words, granting boons to nearby allies.
         Kind Words
           Your rejuvenating spirit speaks in a nurturing tone that heals nearby allies.
          Regen (3s) 390 Heal

Utility:

Courageous Spirit
     Spirit. Summon a corageous spirit at a target location to and apply resolution yourself and nearby allies. The spirit will speak enchanted words, granting boons to nearby allies.
         Rallying Cry
            Your corageous spirit makes an empowering speech, inspiring you and your allies to keep fighting
         Vigor (3s): +50% Endurance Regeneration
         Might (5s): 30 Condition Damage, 40 Power
         Breaks Stun

Violent Spirit
     Spirit. Summon a violent spirit at a target location to strike at nearby foes. The spirit will speak enchanted words, granting boons to nearby allies.
            Fighting Words
              Your violent spirit taunts nearby foes and spurs you and your allies to strike hard and fast
            Taunting words
            Quickness

Frightening Spirit
     Spirit. Summon a frightening  spirit at a target location to inflict fear onto nearby foes. The spirit will speak enchanted words, granting boons to nearby allies.
            Chilling Words
             Your frightening spirit whispers the darkest fears of nearby foes, slowing and chilling them in the process
             Slow
             Chilling

Noxious Spirit.
     Spirit. Summon a noxious spirit at a target location to inflict random conditions on nearby foes. The spirit will speak enchanted words, granting boons to nearby allies.
           Vile Language
             Your noxious spirit will spew hateful words at foes, tormenting them

Elite:

Warped Spirit
     Spirit. Summon a warped spirit at a target location to grant distortion to yourself and nearby allies. The spirit will speak enchanted words, granting boons to nearby allies.
           Broken Words
             Your warped spirit will speak in tongues, somehow granting resistance to you and your allies yet confusing nearby foes
             Distortion
             Resistance
             Confusion

Seance traits

Minor Proficiency:
        Longbow Proficiency
        You can wield longbow

Minor Adept:
        See Dead People
        Death Shroud is replaced with Phantom Shroud, granting you more defensive and supporting skills for you and your allies. Gain access to spirits.

Death From Afar
       Longbow skills inflict additional movement-imparing conditions. Deals increased damage to far away enemies

Sticks and Stones
       Spirits now inflict damage to nearby foes when summoned.

Verbal Abuse
       Noxious Spirit will now corrupt nearby enemy boons into conditions instead of just inflicting them

Edited by Mediahead.3542
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I don't really think there's a reason to release another support spec for the Necromancer, since we have a Scourge. Also what I don't like about this is the fact that the espec weapon doesn't provide any kind of support and looks more like a power ranged weapon (which again, is not needed bc that's what axe does already). Scourge is alright without any support main hand, since the shades are doing all the support work for them.
That being said, I hope the devs will include new especs in the future, even tho we will not get them in the upcoming expansion. Would love to see a dedicated support espec for Mesmer, a Mindbender of some kind that heals through manipulating allies' mind and musical shouts as utility skills.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 7:50 PM, Szatko.8132 said:

I don't really think there's a reason to release another support spec for the Necromancer, since we have a Scourge. Also what I don't like about this is the fact that the espec weapon doesn't provide any kind of support and looks more like a power ranged weapon (which again, is not needed bc that's what axe does already). Scourge is alright without any support main hand, since the shades are doing all the support work for them.
That being said, I hope the devs will include new especs in the future, even tho we will not get them in the upcoming expansion. Would love to see a dedicated support espec for Mesmer, a Mindbender of some kind that heals through manipulating allies' mind and musical shouts as utility skills.

They are probably not gonna add more elite specs

Since they introduced weapon mastery and most likely will add new weapons the class can use, up to a point.

Now what the necromancer needs is a power 1200 range weapon 

4 hours ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

They are probably not gonna add more elite specs

Since they introduced weapon mastery and most likely will add new weapons the class can use, up to a point.

Now what the necromancer needs is a power 1200 range weapon 

A part of the vocal minority was only interested in the weapon from the e-spec. I guess the devs choose to listen to them and reduce their work load.

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

A part of the vocal minority was only interested in the weapon from the e-spec. I guess the devs choose to listen to them and reduce their work load.

Devs are gonna continue to go this route till a point with weapons, since not everyone is gonna have all the weapons. 

Then they might branch off and add traitlines, but I wouldn't count for full elite specs

8 hours ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Devs are gonna continue to go this route till a point with weapons, since not everyone is gonna have all the weapons. 

Then they might branch off and add traitlines, but I wouldn't count for full elite specs

After the weaponsets they can introduce Utility sets. They can even call them whatever they want and use relics like they are a dedicated traits to these utility sets.

Afterall, traps already became preparations on thiefs, Shouts became commands on ranger, Berserkers received a 2nd set of physical skills called rage skills, Catalyst got a 2nd set of stances after weaver called "augments"... etc.

If these sets of utilities are somehow shared across all professions like racial skills they can reduce the workload even more than they do for the weaponsets.

Technically, the only thing "lacking" in the game in order to allow such a thing is a legend on revenant that allow the player to slot shared skills like racial skills. A legendary Jack of all trades... Razah would be a good candidate for such role (as he was the only hero that could change it's primary profession).