Seasons WvW Dolyak Finishers

Nihevil.8024

Hello fellow gamers and Arena Net employees, hope all is well. I understand it has been talked about in the past, but I wanted to bring it up again to hopefully put a worm in Arena Nets ear. It has been a very long time since WvW Seasons, could you please make the season finishers permanent for us? In my opinion they are the coolest finishers in the game and I would love to be able use it all the time without eventually losing it due to only having 250 charges. Thanks for your time and hopefully consideration.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Making the temporary ones from the first season permanent probably wouldn't be fair to the rest of the playerbase without giving a way to obtain them, but since they've been adding ways to spend skirmish tickets I could see making it another high cost redeem from mr shadow man 

20 minutes ago, Venport.3925 said:

Making the temporary ones from the first season permanent probably wouldn't be fair to the rest of the playerbase without giving a way to obtain them, but since they've been adding ways to spend skirmish tickets I could see making it another high cost redeem from mr shadow man 

Why would it be unfair? The people that have those finishers, earned it by playing the seasons. There are a lot of items that are unobtainable for a majority of the player base due to not getting them at the time or being a promotional item. Right now there's literally a special emote and toy for buying a $33 promotional coffee bundle that's not obtainable any other way.

Edited by Nihevil.8024
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nihevil.8024 said:

Who says we will or they have even considered it?

Point is raise the point as you have done and these might come back as a thing and since we have just a top line view of they are considering things as weekend rewards, this might seem part of a answer of things people might like to get that are not just liquid currency. Since they have hinted at system that award tokens that can traded for good and items, this might be available in that style of mechanic. Food for thought.

6 hours ago, Nihevil.8024 said:

Why would it be unfair? The people that have those finishers, earned it by playing the seasons. There are a lot of items that are unobtainable for a majority of the player base due to not getting them at the time or being a promotional item. Right now there's literally a special emote and toy for buying a $33 promotional coffee bundle that's not obtainable any other way.

I mean I would argue those ones are also unfair especially if they weren't obtainable any other way after the promotion

As far as other reasons, the primary reason I'd think it's unfair is they were temporary because its a reward for winning a recurring event, so the intent was that you would get more if you won more, but just having it forever because you won once and noone else getting to have it isn't really fair to other players

3 hours ago, Venport.3925 said:

I mean I would argue those ones are also unfair especially if they weren't obtainable any other way after the promotion

As far as other reasons, the primary reason I'd think it's unfair is they were temporary because its a reward for winning a recurring event, so the intent was that you would get more if you won more, but just having it forever because you won once and noone else getting to have it isn't really fair to other players

There has been many promotions over the life span of the game with items you can't get after it ends

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 6:13 PM, Nihevil.8024 said:

Hello fellow gamers and Arena Net employees, hope all is well. I understand it has been talked about in the past, but I wanted to bring it up again to hopefully put a worm in Arena Nets ear. It has been a very long time since WvW Seasons, could you please make the season finishers permanent for us? In my opinion they are the coolest finishers in the game and I would love to be able use it all the time without eventually losing it due to only having 250 charges. Thanks for your time and hopefully consideration.

what a great idea person i don't know

On 8/3/2023 at 12:23 AM, Nihevil.8024 said:

There has been many promotions over the life span of the game with items you can't get after it ends

And they have reversed that a number of times as well. So keep posting saying this needs to come back around since that has worked, while quite a lot over time. 2 cents.

I just thought of this, the reason you can't get these finisher as permanent because it was a tournament, and you don't stay champion forever, you got to ear it to flaunt it. Also the tournament isn't even running anymore so, I guess there's no reason to give this out anymore. 

On 8/7/2023 at 3:30 AM, babana.7521 said:

I just thought of this, the reason you can't get these finisher as permanent because it was a tournament, and you don't stay champion forever, you got to ear it to flaunt it. Also the tournament isn't even running anymore so, I guess there's no reason to give this out anymore. 

They had permanent finishers in the international all stairs PvP tournament. Which you cannot acquire outside of that. It appears you CAN stay champion forever.

Edited by isellgold.8316
  • Like 5