About Class II Rift Stabilizer in 2023

Geoden.1473

Hello everyone!

I was cleaning my inventory and found my old Class II Rift Stabilizer. After digging some info at the state of the mini story about it, I only found that it's not clear if it's been resolved. I know that in Grothmar Valley there's an interaction with Auris Weirbringer, but I'm not sure if that's all there's to it. The main reason of that though is that after digging some old reddit posts, there are 2 comments by two different developers from 7 years ago stating that there's at least 1 hidden achievement yet to be obtained by any player related to the Stabilizer.

I know SotO so close to us and everyone is about the new rifts coming with the expansion, but if anyone can cast some light into an old mystery it would be greatly appreciated!

And if any developer reads this, I just have a question : is there something still undiscovered? I don't want to know the step, just if there's anything to do or not.

Hope to see some answers soon! Thanks!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Geoden.1473 said:

Hello everyone!

I was cleaning my inventory and found my old Class II Rift Stabilizer. After digging some info at the state of the mini story about it, I only found that it's not clear if it's been resolved. I know that in Grothmar Valley there's an interaction with Auris Weirbringer, but I'm not sure if that's all there's to it. The main reason of that though is that after digging some old reddit posts, there are 2 comments by two different developers from 7 years ago stating that there's at least 1 hidden achievement yet to be obtained by any player related to the Stabilizer.

I know SotO so close to us and everyone is about the new rifts coming with the expansion, but if anyone can cast some light into an old mystery it would be greatly appreciated!

And if any developer reads this, I just have a question : is there something still undiscovered? I don't want to know the step, just if there's anything to do or not.

Hope to see some answers soon! Thanks!

grothmar valley was likely the end of it, because when you interract with his equipment here, he gets sent back in time, forming a closed time loop. the events in ascalon in the past directly follow the events in grothmar valley in the future. you need to be carrying the stabiliser to trigger the loop, and it also gets sucked back in time and thrown into the pond where you find it in the past, seemingly broken.

its unknown why his appearance changes, or how you obtained the rift stabiliser in the original timeline. the only timeline we get to experience is the casual loop that has already started by the time we find our own stabiliser in the pond.

his appearance might be because he became an aetherblade at some point,  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Captured_Aetherblade

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Class_II_Rift_Stabilizer

Since it is Soulbound, it would be nice to get some resolve around the issue of any open quests or achievements. Why not give it the same treatment as some other items in game (e.g. some tomes), where the item mentioned above would be replaces with a "completed" version of the item that can be used for fun or discarded. There are few more of those items in game, that could need some clean-up.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Geoden.1473 said:

The main reason of that though is that after digging some old reddit posts, there are 2 comments by two different developers from 7 years ago stating that there's at least 1 hidden achievement yet to be obtained by any player related to the Stabilizer.

I would like to know if this is still true. (I have the item on all of my characters, and it is still obtainable, by the way.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/18/2023 at 2:16 PM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

grothmar valley was likely the end of it, because when you interract with his equipment here, he gets sent back in time, forming a closed time loop.

My main issue before accepting that's the end is the reddit post comments by the developers that I mentioned, they predate even PoF launch, thus if true, Grothmar Valley step was just an extra and there's still something else to be discovered.

• Like 3