8. Into the Obscure story step stuck [Merged]

Tried that route, found a T2 rift got the message that I could escalate a rift to T2. Clicked "Yes" and then it fizzled and the motivation which had cost me 5 gold is now gone. Story is still not progressing after that. This is a serious gamebreaker.

I want to have my story progressed passed the "Phone call" point a a refund for the 5 gold for second motivation.

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Unable to Progress SoTo Story - Chapter 8 into the Obscure [Merged]

The same thing happened to me, i was doing the questline with my friend, we did it all together and at the end, his worked and advanced the quest, and mine didnt.
We triggered it, we opened the rift, we killed the mob and closed the rift. and for me didnt work and the quest item  disappeared.

Mine also has been stuck since last Thurs. and I created a ticket....no fix so far!  After buying TWO of the Ultimate Versions of this Expansion.  Like Riikuu stated above,  we can buy one of these things for 7 gold at TP...so its the RARE Kryptis Motivation that will work?  I have so far to date submitted THREE different tickets in the first week  because of problems, no 4000 gems on either acct, no new Magic Juggle emotes on either acct, and now Chapter 8 problems stopping my game play....Come On GW2! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Slayerseventh.9843 said:

Same here, happened to my wife, we were doing the story together and now we are stuck.
Don't really like the workaround with buying the motivation thingie from TP, at the moment it costs 3.8 gold..
And crafting it would require progress in the mastery track, we'll just wait for the fix.

Are you sure its the Uncommon one for 3g and not the RARE one for 7g that we need?

• Like 1

Same Issue here. I've checked the Known issues post and it says that the problem is that NPC Kamilla won't give 2tier motivation. That was not the issue for me, i got the motivation and I used it, then I teleported to a higher waypoint in Amnytas and started scanning. I found a rift, headed there and there were a bunch of players already there. I struggled to interact with the rift to use the motivation as the enemies where melting and the proggress of the rift was going by so fast, but eventually we closed the rift. Yet I didn't get any progress on the story step. 

19 minutes ago, Zach.9687 said:

So I was able to purchase an Uncommon motivation off the tp, use it to progress the story and then was able to sell it back on the tp. Not a great solution but it works 🤷‍♂️

HEy so how did u fix it specifically? bought the motivation, enhanced the rift then just scanned for tier 2 rifts but you didnt complete them so as to not consume the motivation and then you sold it back on TP?

3 hours ago, DylanDog.8429 said:

HEy so how did u fix it specifically? bought the motivation, enhanced the rift then just scanned for tier 2 rifts but you didnt complete them so as to not consume the motivation and then you sold it back on TP?

Bought the motivation for t2 rifts, double clicked it and that progressed the story part, I did complete a rift but the motivation was not consumed and I was still able to sell back on tp. Not sure if this will work for others, I figured the motivation was going to be consumed.

I am also stuck at this point. I double-clicked on the motivation and is just seemed to disappeared. Was unable to progress past "Scan for rifts while the Heart is enhanced". So I decided to restart this chapter to try to get a new one from Kamilla. Now I'm stuck on "Take the motivation from Kamilla". She won't even talk to me now. She still has the star above her head, but nothing happens why I try to talk to her. So I bought the 'Uncommon Motivation' from the TP as mentioned above. That doesn't seem to help. She's still not talking to me. Even with it in my inventory, the story won't progress.

On 9/15/2023 at 9:16 AM, Hellcat.3106 said:

I am also stuck at this point. I double-clicked on the motivation and is just seemed to disappeared. Was unable to progress past "Scan for rifts while the Heart is enhanced". So I decided to restart this chapter to try to get a new one from Kamilla. Now I'm stuck on "Take the motivation from Kamilla". She won't even talk to me now. She still has the star above her head, but nothing happens why I try to talk to her. So I bought the 'Uncommon Motivation' from the TP as mentioned above. That doesn't seem to help. She's still not talking to me. Even with it in my inventory, the story won't progress.

Double click on the motivation and then scan for rifts. You actually have to scan for rifts after you double click on the motivation.

Edited by Heibi.4251

So I was on story step 8, and I know I talked to Rian and Kamilla, but didn't progress further than that, and I wasn't really paying attention, because I was having a conversation with someone else. They were doing the meta in the first map, and I still needed one of the achievements for that, so I switched story chapters, seeing as I was at the beginning of chapter 8 still.

Did the achievement, and stopped playing. A few days later I restarted chapter 8. Now I'm stuck on 'Take the motivation from Kamilla'. She won't give me a motivation. I have no idea what happened to the one I supposedly got the first time around. I might have double clicked it after the meta thinking it was a container? No idea. I tried buying a new one, but no dice, as I'm not stuck on USING it, but stuck on receiving it.

So far no solution. I can't finish the story. Anet doesn't seem to care. Great game this.

15 minutes ago, YulliahMeghan.7896 said:

So I was on story step 8, and I know I talked to Rian and Kamilla, but didn't progress further than that, and I wasn't really paying attention, because I was having a conversation with someone else. They were doing the meta in the first map, and I still needed one of the achievements for that, so I switched story chapters, seeing as I was at the beginning of chapter 8 still.

Did the achievement, and stopped playing. A few days later I restarted chapter 8. Now I'm stuck on 'Take the motivation from Kamilla'. She won't give me a motivation. I have no idea what happened to the one I supposedly got the first time around. I might have double clicked it after the meta thinking it was a container? No idea. I tried buying a new one, but no dice, as I'm not stuck on USING it, but stuck on receiving it.

So far no solution. I can't finish the story. Anet doesn't seem to care. Great game this.

Did you actually scan for rifts?  If you obtain the motivation(buy it if you must) - steps are 1. double-click the motivation  2. SCAN for rifts 
It should advance after that. Also, go do the rift you are tracking. You have to to advance anyway. If it is completed before you arrive simply scan for another T2 rift.

Edited by Heibi.4251

It’s super ridiculous. I didn’t expect that a lot of people would have the same experience as me. The most ridiculous thing is that the official knew about this problem a month ago, but there is still no way to solve it, and this problem continues to happen.

Edited by koumo.6381