New daily is so bad that it cured my addiction to the old one.

They should just remove the selection and present players with all the dailies, then limit the amount you get rewards for per tab.
That would give players a choice and put the 'whatever I feel like' flavour back into the dailies.

Had a bad roll on WvW? I'll do PvE or PvP instead.

The previous system had me in some way or another interact with all three game modes.
This new system incentivises players to stick what they are used to.

I will never need to go daily kill in PvP in a rank farm map, or do a jumping puzzle, ever again.
Nor will I ever need to use a home other then the one of my race, as there is no incentive to go anywhere else for farming the daily.
This reduces my playtime in other content, increasing the monotony of the game, which the new expansion with the massive asset-reuse does not really improve.

This retention mechanic if not expanded in the options, will quickly become very boring and tedious.
One thing is for sure, next expansion I will wait for the release before I buy it, that is if I still play by that time...

Daily login rewards felt like I would be missing out, maybe it's time to let this daily routine go after so many years 😞

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Having a reward structure that lets players save up, pick and choose the rewards they want and most of those items being things that could have easily been shoehorned into the gemstore is an amazing change and one that I welcome. Not only that, but there is no FOMO being forced into it as items from previous seasons (Are they called seasons? I'm not sure.) can still be earned as you play.

These new dailies and weeklies are better but it is not perfect either.

The real answer is likely somewhere in between and it is thankfully something Arenanet can tweak and adjust.

As I understand it, we no longer get potions to help progress PvP and WvW tracks. So if you happen to pick those, you are not getting less rewards and progress towards those.

That never feels great and I hope Arenanet addresses that or at least explains why two other game modes are being made to be less rewarding than before.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

WvW is dead now.

This is nonsense. Of course many players are currently focusing on playing the new maps. But WvW is still populated, there were the usual queues last evening. 
I actually like the new dailies, they are just as fast to do than before. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1