Enhancing New Legendary Armor Acquisition: Unlocking Skins for Veterans

Hey everyone,

I've been pondering the current system for acquiring legendary armor and had an idea that I believe could be beneficial for players who have already invested in a set of legendary armor. Much like the existing setup for PvP/WvW sets, I'm wondering if it's possible for ArenaNet to introduce an option where players with existing legendary armor sets could obtain the new skins at a reduced cost.

Here's my reasoning: While having multiple versions of legendary weapons makes sense due to their potential simultaneous use, legendary armor is a different story. Typically, players require just one set of legendary armor per weight class. Given this, it would be a great feature if we could acquire only the skins at a discounted rate, particularly for those who already have other legendary armor pieces unlocked.

Imagine being able to maintain the aesthetic variety and personalization that legendary armor provides, without needing to invest as heavily as a first-time legendary armor seeker. This way, we could enjoy the visual flair of legendary armor without feeling obligated to invest in an entirely new set.

What are your thoughts on this suggestion? Do you think it's a plausible idea?

Edited by Dannyus.2518
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dannyus.2518 said:

Hey everyone,

I've been pondering the current system for acquiring legendary armor and had an idea that I believe could be beneficial for players who have already invested in a set of legendary armor. Much like the existing setup for PvP/WvW sets, I'm wondering if it's possible for ArenaNet to introduce an option where players with existing legendary armor sets could obtain the new skins at a reduced cost.

Here's my reasoning: While having multiple versions of legendary weapons makes sense due to their potential simultaneous use, legendary armor is a different story. Typically, players require just one set of legendary armor per weight class. Given this, it would be a great feature if we could acquire only the skins at a discounted rate, particularly for those who already have other legendary armor pieces unlocked.

Imagine being able to maintain the aesthetic variety and personalization that legendary armor provides, without needing to invest as heavily as a first-time legendary armor seeker. This way, we could enjoy the visual flair of legendary armor without feeling obligated to invest in an entirely new set.

What are your thoughts on this suggestion? Do you think it's a plausible idea?

Thats a great idea, especially for players with WvW and PvP legendary armor sets. 

Edited by vares.8457

9 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I'm super curious if the people who have, for years, responded to a request for legendary OW armor with "You want the reward, do the work", will respond the same to this thread.

I mean Im not saying to give it away for free, but you already put in "the work" if you have leggy armor set, no matter which one. So having a discount or alternative to obtain it would be nice. Something like hwat is apparently planned for the legendary relic if you already have legendary runes.

3 minutes ago, Dannyus.2518 said:

I mean Im not saying to give it away for free, but you already put in "the work" if you have leggy armor set, no matter which one. So having a discount or alternative to obtain it would be nice. Something like hwat is apparently planned for the legendary relic if you already have legendary runes.

Oh, I get you, totally. I'm just curious how that crowd will respond. They didn't like "I'm not saying give it away for free" either.

• Confused 1