Soto story acheevos - but how do i know where to go? story steps vs Acts ????

So i'm having a hard time figuring out which story step i need to do, to complete some achievements, that somehow i missed the first time around. Because the achievements  refer to acts (1, 2 or 3), but my story journal only lists steps (1-10)?? what?!?!? very confusing anet!

Anyone know which story step in act 2 Assist Mabon and Fractal Push are????

i'm assuming its 4, 5 or 6 but no luck so far,  and I don't want to redo the entire story, but it looking that way. 😞

edit: neither Fractal Push or Assist Mabon are in 3,4,or 5 ... unless its bugged???

wait is this something in open world i have to do? but it says journal so...  So confused right now.

double edit: so this image https://i.imgur.com/LraeU9i.jpg has the little yellow icon that shows the achievement is still doable only i'm not in an instance

so..."Help push toward the Fractal of Drokanrs Light" is an event?? why does it say journal? https://i.imgur.com/K6I0ICx.jpg

is Assist Mabon also an open world event then? https://i.imgur.com/Svr8YtI.jpg

tripple edit- event did not work. no idea where these are

fourth edit - if its the meta event that opens the tower- why does it say journal then??? and why didn't i get credit for this already. 😞

5th edit:  welp, the yellow icon disappeared- and still dint get any credit

well its not story step 6 either... what is left in act 2?? nothing???????

after replaying  a 5th time i think fractal push is tied to story step 5 as now i'm noticing the lil yellow icon appear reliably in open world after i leave the instance. Still no idea what to do though and think the description for the achievement is bad. I don't think this is a journal/story step.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Kelly.7019 changed the title to Soto story acheevos - but how do i know where to go? story steps vs Acts ????

Mabon one is the step after entering the tower where you clear the courtyard.

Fractal Push is the one that starts with you going into an instance at SE Droknar to speak with the NPC's.  It's poorly designed so either just wait for the final boss to spawn for the map meta or be very careful not to collect too many essences.

• Confused 1

i finally figured out assist mabon.

Problem was #1 i had no idea where it was! My journal is listed by story steps (1-10) not acts (1-3) as the achievement says. (it's step 6 btw)

Problem #2 was that i kept doing the purple replay instances that you usually do for story achievements, but that's incorrect. You have to do the green instance twice and pick 1 of them the Lhyr or Mabon on your first run thru and then repeat the instance a second time and pick the other one. This all would have been much simpler if i knew those 2 things which i did not. 😞  😞 😞    

can i have my day back please 😞

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

Mabon one is the step after entering the tower where you clear the courtyard.

Fractal Push is the one that starts with you going into an instance at SE Droknar to speak with the NPC's.  It's poorly designed so either just wait for the final boss to spawn for the map meta or be very careful not to collect too many essences.

oh goody 😞 man i've already done the map meta twice today failed once and won once and didnt get ti either time- maybe because of too many essences? ughhhh thanks for the info though! It's much better to not play in a void of nothingness.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 1

So at the end of the day 11 hours  later, i finally got the Fractal Push cheevo and not quite sure how.

1 possible reason is like enigmatic.3576 said above, to not fill the (optional) essence  bar and just wait to kill last boss, So basically i sat there for 2 hours ignoring content waiting for the event to pop. and yes there is a timer here https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skywatch_Archipelago i discovered 1h and 20mins into sitting there waiting for it to pop. 😞

the other possible reason was because there was an update before i started this run, which may have fixed a lot of issues? idk, i didn't think anyone noticed this wasn't working. I just felt like i was in a void of nothingness all day long, with not many answers in map /guild chat or forums reply until about 4 hours ago.

but it's early into xpac, this is what happens:/ just wish this cheevo was described better. because its not really a story instance journal thing its an open world event thing, that you have to start with a story instance to qualify for(you get the little yellow cheevo icon when you leave that instance). (step 5 btw) This just seems bad the way it is set up.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Haha 1