Legendary Weapon Starter Kit - it annoys me like Relic

How to make this more friendly to players who are loyal and love the game, who actually put time and passion into the game. I am about 50% to complete Generation 1 precursor  crafting , I was very happy to see Gift of Might and Magic as one of the item in the Legendary weapon starter kit, I immediately exchange for one, only to get annoyed by it, because I found out that I will be given an account bound precursor. Now this annoys me like Relic did to legendary runes. 

Once again all my efforts put into crafting legendary weapon is being diminished. Makes me feel stupid to even start that Journey. I need some kind of recognition, comfort to sooth that annoying feeling in my stomach. I want to feel good about the time and effort and gold I have spent on this precursor crafting, I need that. I don't like finding out anyone who spent 5 days completing daily  can get a precursor. 

May I suggest that if someone has crafted the legendary precursor get something extra, Thanks for reading and please do something about it.

https://ibb.co/CPv8rTr
https://ibb.co/S5dHTgt

Edited by babana.7521
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

Ehm this has always been a problem - not devaluating your concerns, let me say that up front.

When you do the math on the expenses of crafting a legendary precursor, compared to straight out buying one from the Trading Post, it never was a good balance.

I crafted them all, knowing that I spend more on them than buying, the satisfaction for me was completing all related achievements. But yeah this is a pure personal satisfaction that you cannot show off ingame in any way. 

One example from your Screenshot: The Predator. 
The precursor for this is The Hunter. According to gw2efficiency it cost about 296 gold to craft. Oppose to 114 gold to insta buy.

So yeah personal satisfaction on completing the achievements is the only reward.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Ehm this has always been a problem - not devaluating your concerns, let me say that up front.

When you do the math on the expenses of crafting a legendary precursor, compared to straight out buying one from the Trading Post, it never was a good balance.

I crafted them all, knowing that I spend more on them than buying, the satisfaction for me was completing all related achievements. But yeah this is a pure personal satisfaction that you cannot show off ingame in any way. 

One example from your Screenshot: The Predator. 
The precursor for this is The Hunter. According to gw2efficiency it cost about 296 gold to craft. Oppose to 114 gold to insta buy.

So yeah personal satisfaction on completing the achievements is the only reward.

5 days to get a precursor is ridiculous  (and i am the slow one) I bet other players can get it in 1 day, I got my first precursor drop Tooth of Frostfang playing for 10 years and that was after I've already crafted Frostfang. 

• Confused 3

8 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

Just because they are account bound doesn't mean they are worthless

You can still sell the finished legendary

I will need 42 Gift of Exploration if I were to craft 2 sets of Gen 1 legendary, .... also if everyone can get precursor under 5 days, those prices are gonna plummet.  
This situation needs to be rectify.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

I will need 42 Gift of Exploration if I were to craft 2 sets of Gen 1 legendary, .... also if everyone can get precursor under 5 days, those prices are gonna plummet.  
This situation needs to be rectify.

Why would you need to craft 2 sets of gen 1 legendary?

You can only pick one legendary starter kit

So from this first one you can only pick 1 out of the 4

You can also only buy it once

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, jokke.6239 said:

Why would you need to craft 2 sets of gen 1 legendary?

You can only pick one legendary starter kit

So from this first one you can only pick 1 out of the 4

You can also only buy it once

because I will be getting my precursor from the Legendary Weapon Crafting, and now I will have another set from the Wizard Vault. which is ridiculous. nothing in Wizard Vault currently even remotely interest me except the legendary kit, 

also, should thank me for suggesting to Anet about emote pack, didn't I tell you they'd sell like hot cakes

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

because I will be getting my precursor from the Legendary Weapon Crafting, and now I will have another set from the Wizard Vault. which is ridiculous. nothing in Wizard Vault currently even remotely interest me except the legendary kit, 

also, should thank me for suggesting to Anet about emote pack, didn't I tell you they'd sell like hot cakes

I still don't understand what you mean by crafting the gen 1 legendaries twice

You will only be able to get 1 additional precursor (for now) from the vault

You can't spam it

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

I still don't understand why you would need to craft all gen 1 legendaries twice

You would only be able to get 1 additional precursor from the vault

You can't spam it

when I am done with my legendary precursor crafting I will have all the precursor. and the only thing that is interesting in the Wizard vault is the legendary crafting kit. Anet doing this to veteran players is very annoying

because you said the precursor can be crafted and sold. but what you do not realize is that if I am doing that I will need many gift of exploration. i am answering to your suggestion, which you keep missing.

Edited by babana.7521
  • Confused 1