Buy Secret of the Obscure for a friend

if you buy from the online store (not in-game) the expansion isn't automatically applied to your account, and will send a key to your mail. if you buy it from in-game, its automatically applied to your account and can't be gifted to someone else.

please do beware that the person you gift it to technically didn't buy the game and may have issues with support.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, willow.8209 said:

also, I bought a gem card on Amazon that didn't work. So I find I can't assume that the third party thing will work even if it's a company people would expect to be reliable.

So your a steam account yes?

If so gem cards dont work

Inculpatus cedo.9234

From the Knowledge Base: 

Can I add gem codes to my Guild Wars 2 Steam account?

No, gem card codes cannot be redeemed in-game (or on the site) for Guild Wars 2 accounts that were created on Steam. If this changes, the information will be updated here.

You can hold onto the Gem Card, or give it back to the one who gifted it to you.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053416353-Steam-FAQ

• Like 2

On 8/29/2023 at 12:40 PM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

if you buy from the online store (not in-game) the expansion isn't automatically applied to your account, and will send a key to your mail. if you buy it from in-game, its automatically applied to your account and can't be gifted to someone else.

please do beware that the person you gift it to technically didn't buy the game and may have issues with support.

Thank you for the information!

Kind regards,