A few post patch observations

Deadmoose.6594

Positives:

-You don't have to win a match now to complete the daily. This is overall a net positive and usually mitigates literally every bad thing about pvp (which is a lot).

Negatives:

-Matchmaking feels worse now, not sure why. Maybe there's more players now who are trying to do pvp dailies, but not sure how long that will last or if that's even the reason.

-Class balance feels worse now too, but that's to be expected with new builds and the new relic system. Just not even sure what to make of it at this point other than some specs seem to be able to faceroll whereas others seem mediocre at best.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

I would say the #1 thing I've noticed is the powercreep.

The TTK is now ultra short. I never used to even consider "TTK" (time to kill) as a concept in GW2  PvP but with the soulbeast pigstomp cheese, and others, it's now reaching frightening levels of damage, I'm talking 2-4 seconds, like 8k -> 6k -> 4k dead if you are out of position and get hit hard.

I've noticed it especially with Reapers, I don't know why this class sticks out, but if I get hit with a reaper elite freeze, you're just DEAD. There's not much you can do because the power levels are so high and there is not much of a solution to long stuns.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I think matchmaking just feels worse because it's seemingly down to a 30 player pool. 

I was in like 20 matches earlier with at least 2 or 3 of the same people on each team. Where did everyone go? And how many that are left are actually new players and not just alt accounts or the main account with a username/account name change since they do that seemingly biweekly now?

Their efforts to retire this gamemode are succeeding it seems. lol

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I think I'm done playing the game entirely until they balance this kitten. I really only played for pvp and they killed it for me. Chrono is underperforming like crazy right now, everyone can just faceroll full shatters, full heal, or just run away with way more speed and movement abilities than I have. Yeah Blink, that'll do it...what a joke.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I think I'm done playing the game entirely until they balance this kitten. I really only played for pvp and they killed it for me. Chrono is underperforming like crazy right now, everyone can just faceroll full shatters, full heal, or just run away with way more speed and movement abilities than I have. Yeah Blink, that'll do it...what a joke.

I never liked the amount of damage chrono can do though, and escaping is not that hard unless somebody really wants you dead. At this point its just an argument of ''Its not fair, x burst spec has more mobility than y''. Meanwhile, everything that is not a burst spec are instantly on the backfoot and have to outplay the burst before they can even think about doing any damage back, while all of the burst specs have good disengage abilitys. I don't even bother power cata now, scepter/dagger MH's are outclassed +stability nerf. Hammer cata is more sustainy, but very easily kited, any burst spec can try their luck then get out when they fail, you litterally have no chase/escape ability, at all.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I never liked the amount of damage chrono can do though, and escaping is not that hard unless somebody really wants you dead. At this point its just an argument of ''Its not fair, x burst spec has more mobility than y''. Meanwhile, everything that is not a burst spec are instantly on the backfoot and have to outplay the burst before they can even think about doing any damage back, while all of the burst specs have good disengage abilitys. I don't even bother power cata now, scepter/dagger MH's are outclassed +stability nerf. Hammer cata is more sustainy, but very easily kited, any burst spec can try their luck then get out when they fail, you litterally have no chase/escape ability, at all.

Thing is if I go up against a tanky Bladesworn I literally can't do anything to them. There's another discussion about it here on the forums. Then I'm a glass cannon and die pretty quickly after I tried my bursts if I can't escape. Also virt is pretty much > chrono probably 80% of the time depending on player skill. Chrono succeeds most often when the team is fighting together and they're able to cause a lot of mass damage and chaos. Even then, the team has to focus and if they aren't doing that, there are too many builds now that can faceroll full chrono shatters. I like to think a full chrono shatter should be the benchmark of your survivability rating and that should weigh heavily into how much damage you are able to do. The higher your survivability rating, the lower your damage output should be. Doesn't that make sense? I've fought against scrappers who can faceroll full chrono shatters + other team damage and just walk around aoe spamming, that's just dumb and bad design.

2 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Thing is if I go up against a tanky Bladesworn I literally can't do anything to them. There's another discussion about it here on the forums. Then I'm a glass cannon and die pretty quickly after I tried my bursts if I can't escape. Also virt is pretty much > chrono probably 80% of the time depending on player skill. Chrono succeeds most often when the team is fighting together and they're able to cause a lot of mass damage and chaos. Even then, the team has to focus and if they aren't doing that, there are too many builds now that can faceroll full chrono shatters. I like to think a full chrono shatter should be the benchmark of your survivability rating and that should weigh heavily into how much damage you are able to do. The higher your survivability rating, the lower your damage output should be. Doesn't that make sense? I've fought against scrappers who can faceroll full chrono shatters + other team damage and just walk around aoe spamming, that's just dumb and bad design.

Ive played enough chrono now to know what you mean, but such limitations do not justify its dmg, using things like virt/blade also do not justify its dmg. Those are broken too, they are both tanky as hell for no effort and put out ample dmg. There are many things wrong with this game, and chrono burst is just 1 part of it.

Edited by Flowki.7194

I crawled my way to mid plat on scourge and im currently sitting in G2 as of 2 days of pvping. I've lost about 15-20 games and won about 4? The games i've lost, for the most part, havent even been close. Im talking like 300-400 point deficits. It feels like a team of silvers fighting a team of plats. Im not saying im a god player, but this is just ridiculous. Here im thinking "ok maybe im just getting unlucky" but ive literally gone 9 losses in a row now with the games not even being competitive and someone screwing up. My entire team just gets run over. Idk wtf is wrong with matchmaking.

1 hour ago, Iridi.8473 said:

I crawled my way to mid plat on scourge and im currently sitting in G2 as of 2 days of pvping. I've lost about 15-20 games and won about 4? The games i've lost, for the most part, havent even been close. Im talking like 300-400 point deficits. It feels like a team of silvers fighting a team of plats. Im not saying im a god player, but this is just ridiculous. Here im thinking "ok maybe im just getting unlucky" but ive literally gone 9 losses in a row now with the games not even being competitive and someone screwing up. My entire team just gets run over. Idk wtf is wrong with matchmaking.

Literally everyone ends up in gold 2 or 3, even brand new players playing on core classes. Then when you start climbing out of gold into plat, the matches become more and more one sided facerolls. 

It's deliberate, Anet forces everyone as close together in rating as possible and as soon as you become an outlier it stacks against you. Unless you party up to skew an advantage the system doesn't want you to climb. This is all made worse with low population. 

It's not just low population being the reason there's literally next to nobody in legendary rank anymore, its the system. 

6 hours ago, ixon.2496 said:

Literally everyone ends up in gold 2 or 3, even brand new players playing on core classes. Then when you start climbing out of gold into plat, the matches become more and more one sided facerolls. 

It's deliberate, Anet forces everyone as close together in rating as possible and as soon as you become an outlier it stacks against you. Unless you party up to skew an advantage the system doesn't want you to climb. This is all made worse with low population. 

It's not just low population being the reason there's literally next to nobody in legendary rank anymore, its the system. 

This is 100% accurate to the game mode and well stated. This is why I white flag (not afk, because I'm technically not afk). I feel like forfeiting/white flag is valid when you know for a fact that you're supposed to lose the match. Sure there are certain instances when a team can come back, but this rarely happens. You can kind of tell if a team is capable of coming back or not too, usually they aren't though.

• Like 2