Rev WvW Builds Post Weaponmaster

nosleepdemon.1368

Hey folks,

Been trying various combinations in WvW for Rev. I've not played WvW for a while but Rev sure does feel more glassey now. I am running Celestial armour and Revenant Runes, which is probably not ideal. Are there any Celestial builds out there worth trying? Have they changed much since SotO? I presume Shortbow is heavily encouraged. I have tried Vindi/Corruption/Retri SB/GS, and Herald/Invocation/Retri SB/Swords, SB/GS. Kind of liking the latter, as I honestly still find Vindi dodge to get caught out near the landing where it seems your evade frames run out a tad too soon. Also Herald heal is just ... really, really important to have! Help would be welcome, I usually go to Metabattle but it appears rather out of date.

Cheers!

renegade celestial build. Use hybrid weapons for celestial builds, like mace and shortbow

atm celestial works for all kinda. This is for roaming and not zergs, right? For zergs I wouldn't suggest celestial. revenant runes aren't the best atm. Don't forget to choose a fitting relic.

Guildjen is little bit more up to date or hardstuck a few builds too.

Besides celestial gear, full power build damage stats works too

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

renegade celestial build. Use hybrid weapons for celestial builds, like mace and shortbow

atm celestial works for all kinda. This is for roaming and not zergs, right? For zergs I wouldn't suggest celestial. revenant runes aren't the best atm. Don't forget to choose a fitting relic.

Guildjen is little bit more up to date or hardstuck a few builds too.

Besides celestial gear, full power build damage stats works too

Ah thanks, I will check out Guildjen. I'm unfortunately stuck with celestial for both roaming and zergs. I will have to make another set of armour, am thinking Marauder stats.

Just now, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Ah thanks, I will check out Guildjen. I'm unfortunately stuck with celestial for both roaming and zergs. I will have to make another set of armour, am thinking Marauder stats.

marauder aint too bad, if you get really familiar you could go for example high risk full zerker on vindicator even. But you have to play it well then 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

greatsword + shortbow might help. for zergs use hammer + greatsword with dwarf/alliance otherwise assassin/alliance

• Thanks 1

I don't think the buildsites are outdated, a lot of people just expected too much from the weapon master update.

Other than squeezing out a bit higher DPS in PvE the new combinations just aren't that good especially in PvP modes. I saw a lot of experimentation going on during week one but by now everyone is already back to running the same old.

Edited by Morvran.8265
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 11:46 AM, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Hey folks,

Been trying various combinations in WvW for Rev. I've not played WvW for a while but Rev sure does feel more glassey now. I am running Celestial armour and Revenant Runes, which is probably not ideal. Are there any Celestial builds out there worth trying? Have they changed much since SotO? I presume Shortbow is heavily encouraged. I have tried Vindi/Corruption/Retri SB/GS, and Herald/Invocation/Retri SB/Swords, SB/GS. Kind of liking the latter, as I honestly still find Vindi dodge to get caught out near the landing where it seems your evade frames run out a tad too soon. Also Herald heal is just ... really, really important to have! Help would be welcome, I usually go to Metabattle but it appears rather out of date.

Cheers!

Not fully related, but I made an Infinity dodge build for heal vindi which I am having fun with in zerg. It’s kind gimmick and the heal on dodge isn’t super strong post nerfs…but it’s fun to play with none the less.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

5 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Not fully related, but I made an Infinity dodge build for heal vindi which I am having fun with in zerg. It’s kind gimmick and the heal on dodge isn’t super strong post nerfs…but it’s fun to play with none the less.

I played celestial Vindi salvation, invocation, vindi GS/SB last night and it was pretty decent. The best of what I had available anyway. I did see one other Vindi and my God I could not even break his shield. kitten knows what he was running, it was bizarre. I will have to take to recording videos because some builds I see players with just seem to have a never ending pool of defenses - shields, evades, blocks. It's a bit frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

classic cele rene sb/staff or now sb/gs still works, core and vindi sb/staff/gs are also decent with lower dmg output but more survivability/utility tools. maze/axe gs on different core/herald builds works also pretty well. power sb/gs vindi feels strong but i prefer good old ss/gs for that playstyle

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sarlan.7682 said:

quick note if youre stuck with cele you can build some really fun swap builds with core herald and vindi using maze/axe and gs + hydro, geo, poison and either energy or cleansing and using legend swap traits from invocation and corruption

Thanks, I ended up playing support vindicator with SB/GS and dumping heals and barrier on my squad. Blue aliance skills and Ventari were my usual utility setup, it worked pretty well. It wasn't spectacular damage but there was enough of a spike from shortbow and red alliance skills to burst people out of position / swap to GS for one more burst and then block / dash away. I quite enjoyed it. Stability is harder to come by but you can't have everything. I switched to BG3 for a bit after I finally finished ad infinitum (thanks legendary starter box!) buuuuut reading your post here reminds me that GW2 is more fun. Apples and oranges but the story in SotO is what I mull over more than the bollockry that BG3 is with its "everyone has to sound like a toff" accents and typical Larian over embelished writing.

Edited by nosleepdemon.1368

bg3 is great fun and i personaly definitely enjoy its story lines way more than gw2s...maybe the reason i dont spend much time in pve 😂 yeah support vindi is still strong and even with cele pretty decent. swap sigils on this kind of setup are also pretty strong and can actually add a good amount of missing damage. you get stability in ventari with its elite. in general i would advise on using mainly the elite+bubble combo to cleanse, give stab and resistance + a good amount of cc access. id advise at using the healing utility inly if someone needs a big chunk of hp and the cleansing if some condis need to go immediately and you cant wait for the elite delay. otherwise the elite is usually better value per energy used. 

2 hours ago, Sarlan.7682 said:

bg3 is great fun and i personaly definitely enjoy its story lines way more than gw2s...maybe the reason i dont spend much time in pve 😂 yeah support vindi is still strong and even with cele pretty decent. swap sigils on this kind of setup are also pretty strong and can actually add a good amount of missing damage. you get stability in ventari with its elite. in general i would advise on using mainly the elite+bubble combo to cleanse, give stab and resistance + a good amount of cc access. id advise at using the healing utility inly if someone needs a big chunk of hp and the cleansing if some condis need to go immediately and you cant wait for the elite delay. otherwise the elite is usually better value per energy used. 

Although the extra condi cleanse because of light shield blasting might look nice.

Try this: 

elite skill => resummon tablet => projectile barier(for protection, swiftness and projectile denial) => cancel instantly projectile denial if not needed => Use centaur skill 3,4 or wait for enough for another elite.

You have to use your empowerments better, instead of blowing too much energy and leaving you/team helpless. Energy management is key with these many bonuses

• Like 1