Support and healers

Sansar.1302

4 hours ago, phandaria.4891 said:

The Holy Trinity was established by the players with DPS, blasting water field and Time Warp, now it is LESS messier than the patchwork that the players came up with.

The waterfield blasting where a good way to have heal mecanic in Guild Wars 2, way way better than what we have now

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

The waterfield blasting where a good way to have heal mecanic in Guild Wars 2, way way better than what we have now

I would agree with you if it didn't come along with a ton of issues for some professions. Objectively, the field/combo system was an excellent support path in the early days of the game, unfortunately it was also an horrendously imbalanced system due to the various professions design. Furthermore, even 11 years after release, it's still a challenge to activate the proper field when playing in a group for build relying on combos.

Edited by Dadnir.5038

9 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I would agree with you if it didn't come along with a ton of issues for some professions. Objectively, the field/combo system was an excellent support path in the early days of the game, unfortunately it was also an horrendously imbalanced system due to the various professions design. Furthermore, even 11 years after release, it's still a challenge to activate the proper field when playing in a group for build relying on combos.

I belive that exactly this is the reason it where good for the game, it where not somthing all classes or combinations could do making it more scarce than it is now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2023 at 6:07 AM, Sansar.1302 said:

I belive that exactly this is the reason it where good for the game, it where not somthing all classes or combinations could do making it more scarce than it is now.

I agree.  It demanded competence in the games overall mechanics,  and not just hyperfixation on one builds rotation.   It also made different class combos capable of differing strategies.  Like subing a thief for mesmer, but getting tons of group stealth for skipping instead of portal. Or engie thief smoke fields to keep blinds up instead of prot stacking with guardian.  

My big lament is that they never refined or expanded the field finisher combos. Having more emphasis on exploiting/controlling that could had been a huge stand out feature for this game. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1