random question about magic find

Yeah it's nothing, it counts the luck you get after 300% until you hit a wall at 472,510 and then it'll stop counting.

So 300% + that 472k and then nothing, any more luck consumed after that will only be recorded internally and can be viewed in GW2 Efficiency for example. 

The best thing you can do with the essences after that point is to keep them and refine them into Exotic +200 Luck essences which have some use in crafting, as currency for various vendors as well as guild upgrade materials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

The best thing you can do with the essences after that point is to keep them and refine them into Exotic +200 Luck essences which have some use in crafting, as currency for various vendors as well as guild upgrade materials.

As far as I can remember lunar new year festival uses luck as currency so yeah save and spend it there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

As far as I can remember lunar new year festival uses luck as currency so yeah save and spend it there.

After EoD we HoT even more uses for it, especially the gift of Reserch used in Gen3 Legendary weapons as well as the  upcoming Open World Legendary Armor. So it's even more valuable now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

new leg armor too.

the festival as buged last time, with very low value drop.

I believe the low value drop was due to the change to mf. The devs capped it at about 750 because with the envelopes the trophy items were the high valued items in terms of gd but the high mf would cause these items to never be dropped. This probably had knock on affect on of item drops across the game.