Photon Wall should last longer when used at >100 Heat

jason.1083

1 hour ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

That sound like a good idea! Its already pretty short anyway. So it would nt be op or anything to make it last longer over 100 heat.

Mostly taking ge idea from Spectrum Shield, which goes for 3 seconds (4 in WvW, PvP) to 5 seconds duration over 100 heat. So I suppose having photon wall last for 5 seconds as well is fine, especially since it's only a directional block/reflect. 

Alas, one more thing in the Holosmith changes that will probably never happen...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

I have only ever used this skill for the toolbelt skill lol, it could use some love. 

The launch wall is a decent chunk of its damage so you should use it if you can.  The block/reflect is actually quite powerful in the right situations.  I have broken Mathias with wall+shield4 reflects 😁.  The block is a bit janky but can actually block for teammates like Dragonhunter f3, but you need to position correctly.   Im all for a longer block above 100 heat, but also ok with just fixing it so it does more damage like it’s supposed to.

5 hours ago, Jerus.4350 said:

The launch wall is a decent chunk of its damage so you should use it if you can.  The block/reflect is actually quite powerful in the right situations.  I have broken Mathias with wall+shield4 reflects 😁.  The block is a bit janky but can actually block for teammates like Dragonhunter f3, but you need to position correctly.   Im all for a longer block above 100 heat, but also ok with just fixing it so it does more damage like it’s supposed to.

Launch Wall synergizes well with the Vulnerability aspect of Holo, Corona Burst + Launch wall (x3) = 25 Vulnerability stacks. The positioning for blocking teammates could be a bit more lenient but I suppose that's due to the overall size of Photon Wall.

I made the thread assuming the +10% damage applied correctly, but it's definitely a priority to fix that in this case. 

2 hours ago, pbalint.1607 said:

Also, the "launch photon wall"-part should be instant cast, not take 0.5s... (So we can take advantage of the whole duration)

If you start the cast just as the duration ends you can take advantage of the whole duration and cast Launch Wall skill. It needs good timing though.

If I'm not mistaken the walls continue to block projectiles while the travel until they explode anyway. But your suggestion doesn't sound bad.