Master of Fragmentation

Stavros.8249

I just feel this trait is underwhelming for major grandmaster trait. The f1 give more crit chance, but in pve u are already at 100%. The f2 give cripple, where it could be something more relevant. Only f5 is good. Maybe it is a pvp trait. My post is for pve experience 

Edited by Stavros.8249
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/23/2023 at 3:02 AM, Stavros.8249 said:

underwhelming for major grandmaster trait.

welcome to mesmer, balanced by current anet devs that think any of this is acceptable somehow

where we have trash upon trash upon dumpster fire turds for GM traits, like Malicious Sorcery for a nearly uselessly overshadowed weapon in all 3 game modes, Mental Defense that has literally no purpose being in the game in any of the 3 game modes that exist, Blurred Inscriptions which is extremely niche in only being useful for Mirage with ANOTHER trait you have to pick it up with, Illusionary Inspiration for some kind of whacko wanting to just do "something else" on mesmer for "some kind" of healing (which, by the way, STOPS FUNCTIONING AT CAP CLONES/BLADES SO AHAHAHA GOOD LUCK SHATTERING WITH ALL YOUR SHATTERS ON COOLDOWN), Power Block which has been nerfed into a wasted pick for something already niche after the removal of crits from its damage, Dune Cloak which is a literal slap in the face for anyone trying to play Mirage because nobody would ever not use Infinite Horizon if they don't pick Elusive Mind

enjoy your unfortunate stay while we have a few niche strengths that prevent us from apparently getting anything but junk "options"

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Alpha.1308 said:

welcome to mesmer, balanced by current anet devs that think any of this is acceptable somehow

where we have trash upon trash upon dumpster fire turds for GM traits, like Malicious Sorcery for a nearly uselessly overshadowed weapon in all 3 game modes, Mental Defense that has literally no purpose being in the game in any of the 3 game modes that exist, Blurred Inscriptions which is extremely niche in only being useful for Mirage with ANOTHER trait you have to pick it up with, Illusionary Inspiration for some kind of whacko wanting to just do "something else" on mesmer for "some kind" of healing (which, by the way, STOPS FUNCTIONING AT CAP CLONES/BLADES SO AHAHAHA GOOD LUCK SHATTERING WITH ALL YOUR SHATTERS ON COOLDOWN), Power Block which has been nerfed into a wasted pick for something already niche after the removal of crits from its damage, Dune Cloak which is a literal slap in the face for anyone trying to play Mirage because nobody would ever not use Infinite Horizon if they don't pick Elusive Mind

enjoy your unfortunate stay while we have a few niche strengths that prevent us from apparently getting anything but junk "options"

Look, mesmers are all about illusions, so it's only fitting that their usefulness should also be illusory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/23/2023 at 8:02 AM, Stavros.8249 said:

I just feel this trait is underwhelming for major grandmaster trait. The f1 give more crit chance, but in pve u are already at 100%. The f2 give cripple, where it could be something more relevant. Only f5 is good. Maybe it is a pvp trait. My post is for pve experience 

I can't disagree with you more but that's because I'm looking at the game from a prospective of pvp. In competitive modes master if fragmentation is one of the strongest grandmasters in illusions and the other 2 have nothing to compete. 

F1 gives you chance to do more damage. F2 gives you cripple, making your enemies need to burn cleanses or escape skills, not to mention it is a glorious cover condition. F3 gives you an aoe interrupt allowing you to stop revives even if your illusions target wasn't the reviver. And the glorious f4 giving you reflect on demand.

Not only does it improve all your shatters it also improves other traits! Master of Fragmentations + Blurred inscriptions gives you reflect on each signet you use! 

Not only this, but it matches thematically being the opposite of bountiful disillusionment (shatters doing more harm to enemies and shatters giving you boons)

With such a big game I feel it is easy to forget that you are playing agin essence 3 different games. Traits that are good in pve can be rather kitten in competitive and vice versa... that said... Desperate decoy, Chaotic Transferrence, Chaotic Interruption, Temporal Enchanter, Mental Defence, Illusionary Inspiration, Malicious Sorcery, Danger Time,  Riddle of Sand, Dune Cloak and Infinite forge do need a little love...

• Like 2