Herald Shield Suggestion

ChillyKoti.1928

Shield skill 4: Envoy of Exuberance

Leap to an area with the wings of Glint; granting Protection and Healing to yourself and allies.

Activation time: 1/2 second

Energy cost: 8

Cooldown: 15 seconds

Healing: 1,620 (0.5)

Protection: 3 seconds

Number of targets: 5

Radius: 240

Range: 800

Details: The skill will be inspired of Dragonhunter's Wings of Resolves. The wings would look dragon-like to reflect Glint.

Reason: Shield lacks mobility and all of Revenant's off-hand weapon gives mobility. This will be more effective as well in my opinion to support your allies or reposition yourself. Still get a good synergy with the trait Hardening Persistence.

Shield skill 5: Crystal Hibernation

Protect yourself with  a shield from the Mists, blocking attacks while regenerating health. Nearby allies gain a portion of the healing and you move at a reduced speed.

Activation time: 3 seconds

Energy cost: 20

Cooldown: 25 seconds

Healing: 620 (0.5)

Ally healing: 50%

Base movement speed: -75%

Maximum movement speed: -75%

Pulses: 4

Duration: 3 seconds

Reason: Shield skill 5 put the user immobilized which is incredibly dangerous in all situation, pvp/wvw/pve. Taking inspiration on the Deadeye Kneel movement speed here so it will stay relatively balanced.

Overall: Values are mostly still the same as the original ones.

• Like 2

Unique idea on giving shield 4 a mobility function though I don't particular agree that it needs it, per se. What I find most disturbing about the shield is its lack of utility. This is suppose to be a direct healing item/support item but it's pretty selfish. The healing from the shield isn't that great in a vacuum and we have multiple avenues to grant protection these days so again left wondering why this one is a bother. I would argue it needs to do more boon support but that's me personally, like also giving aegis or stability or even both.

As far as shield 5; it's just stupid. I know there's that one guy who likes to claim it's the best skill ever for PvP, but no just no. A selfish root that only protects you that does nothing else but heal you. Yea sign me up for that as I might stave off death for a few extra seconds praying the rest of my team can weather the storm instead of me supporting them. It's a terrible skill. Most block skills in other shield skills have a secondary function of some kind that gives them more utility and still lets the user move. Hell, the far superior version in the guardian shield 5 not only creates a dome for allies that pushes enemies back but can be detonated to heal as well. It's weird how selfish the shield block is on the revenant versus all others that at least have a secondary, usable function in some capacity, minus the mesmers but at least they get a second block if they block an attack making it better for tanking as well as it summoning phantasms.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360

11 hours ago, ChillyKoti.1928 said:

Shield skill 4: Envoy of Exuberance

Leap to an area with the wings of Glint; granting Protection and Healing to yourself and allies.

Activation time: 1/2 second

Energy cost: 8

Cooldown: 15 seconds

Healing: 1,620 (0.5)

Protection: 3 seconds

Number of targets: 5

Radius: 240

Range: 800

Details: The skill will be inspired of Dragonhunter's Wings of Resolves. The wings would look dragon-like to reflect Glint.

Reason: Shield lacks mobility and all of Revenant's off-hand weapon gives mobility. This will be more effective as well in my opinion to support your allies or reposition yourself. Still get a good synergy with the trait Hardening Persistence.

Shield skill 5: Crystal Hibernation

Protect yourself with  a shield from the Mists, blocking attacks while regenerating health. Nearby allies gain a portion of the healing and you move at a reduced speed.

Activation time: 3 seconds

Energy cost: 20

Cooldown: 25 seconds

Healing: 620 (0.5)

Ally healing: 50%

Base movement speed: -75%

Maximum movement speed: -75%

Pulses: 4

Duration: 3 seconds

Reason: Shield skill 5 put the user immobilized which is incredibly dangerous in all situation, pvp/wvw/pve. Taking inspiration on the Deadeye Kneel movement speed here so it will stay relatively balanced.

Overall: Values are mostly still the same as the original ones.

• I would prefere if shield 4 was a follow up skill ability. You throw that light bolt at destination (animation travel needs faster too) and if it is landed you have 3 second time to press it for a teleport on targeted location. This way you can choose if you want to go inside the situation or hold distance!

shield 5 skill, should share healing 100% for that cost and low mobility still or pulse outgoing only aegis 360-600 radius (radius depends on content pvp or pve)

• Like 1