Mirage and Virtuoso

Blur.3465

Hey Mesmers!

In search of an opinion here and hope someone will be able to help me decide here!

So I've been playing Condi Alac Support Mirage, staff/staff, for a long, long time now. I really like how smooth it is and how easy it is to play it. Staff animations are majestic and I feel it's a really lovely fantasy when it comes to Mesmers.

However, I am getting more and more curious about Virtuoso, but there are some things I'm a bit eh about -- so I want to know if it's worth to change at all.
1. I will need to change gear entirely/recraft it, to match the stats.
2. I am not sure what is better, power or condi Virtuoso.
3. I don't like the floating daggers above the character.

In general, I'm looking to join raids and likely higher tier Fractals -- so what would everyone recommend and what's everyone's opinion here?

Thanks! 🙂

23 minutes ago, Blur.3465 said:

I'll leave the other items to players more familiar with it since I'm just getting into it myself, but that item there? Those don't go away. If you really dislike them because they break your immersion or whatever, just know that as long as you are playing Virt, there will be a dagger halo around you pretty much at all times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blur.3465 said:

Hey Mesmers!

In search of an opinion here and hope someone will be able to help me decide here!

So I've been playing Condi Alac Support Mirage, staff/staff, for a long, long time now. I really like how smooth it is and how easy it is to play it. Staff animations are majestic and I feel it's a really lovely fantasy when it comes to Mesmers.

However, I am getting more and more curious about Virtuoso, but there are some things I'm a bit eh about -- so I want to know if it's worth to change at all.
1. I will need to change gear entirely/recraft it, to match the stats.
2. I am not sure what is better, power or condi Virtuoso.

In general, I'm looking to join raids and likely higher tier Fractals -- so what would everyone recommend and what's everyone's opinion here?

Thanks! 🙂

So....I'm gonna leave my opinion here, but I don't have a lot to offer. I don't know anything about raids and I don't even have T3 fractals unlocked. So I'll share what I know and give what I can.
Chronomancers are Mesmer/Necromancers. Mirages are Mesmer/Thieves. As far as I can tell Virtuoso are Mesmer/Warriors with the dagger attacks basically being the equivilent to Bursts (They build up over time and then can do big damage...we do it better than they do). That being said, much like a warrior, I see the Virtuoso as being purely offensive. I've seen DPS builds that are terrifying, and I've been told that the Virt can deal out an ungodly amount of bleeding damage. Either way you go though the Virt seems to be build around the idea of just reckless assault. Go in, do MASSIVE damage, and murder everything before it can murder you. To that end whether you go Power or Condi is really up to you. I know you can do both, I know people DO do both, so it comes down to your preference. But I haven't heard a lot about support builds for the virt, or tank builds, or anything else. Maybe that's just because that's the kind of game GW2 is (or has become) but that's what I hear. So make of that what you will.

As for not liking the floating daggers, you're just gonna have to cope with that. It comes with the class. Me personally I don't play Virtuoso because of the daggers, but it's not because I hate the dagger halo; I like my clones more (it hurts less when my clone gets punched in the face). That's about the best I can offer you.

• Thanks 1

converted my mirage gear to condi virt.  build has duelist or chaos variant with more gear overlap with mirage in duelist, but for me more playstyle/fun overlap staying in chaos from my mirage build.  gear is going to some mix of vipers, rampagers, and sinister as you balance 60% crit chance before fury, 50% condition duration (krait takes this to 100% for blood), and max condition damage/power.

Easy strikes wont care much either way.

harder stuff will generally converge on what you see on snowcrows, which for virtuoso is going to be the condi eith krait runes and duelist traits variant.  meta changes from latest still working through.

duelist vs chaos is the main pilot choice.  duelist is peak dps with squad support bringing you all your buffs other than fury.  

chaos is what i generally run anywhere i can... open world, general content, or pub anything.  chaos with the improved shatters and dagger + sword/shield off hands to self buff might and take the virt middle block skill to get some regen, fury, and quickness.   

That middle row of trait choices in virtuoso is where you can do a little customizing.  The top block/evade gets you buffs option let's you self buff better/possible synergize easier with unorganized groups.  Middle option is more DPS -- synergizes with duelist + more phantasm focused play, and the bottom option can give you a little gear flexibility on the ratio's of vipers to rampagers/sinister.  

Relic i like the flexibility of aristocracy -- get 15% condition duration to allow even more gear flexibility.  Probably 1-2k dps decrease over akheems/fractal relics.   

Edited by Peppe.7486
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are talking easier  fract/strikes  probably people won't mind the alac mirage, since i do t4s and strikes daily let me tell you on 100 fractal condi virtuoso shines a lot and I mean a LOT, very flexible straightforward to play and it makes it look effective as well. If you pick virtuoso, main choice will be between dueling and chaos and have used both, dueling got damage and chaos does deal damage as well albeit slower, though it is sort of more comfortable against bosses (stacks of self stability feels good). 

As far as gear goes, yeah you will have to change. It is weird rampager/viper mix with similarly trinkets as well. unless you have legendaries it will cost some.

I don't know which is better power or condi virt, to be honest I have had teammates who were playing power variant and they were dealing high damage as well, but from friend who does raids (I don't) I have heard that groups prefer condi virtu

yeah pink daggers get annoying after some time. 

have to say though It does get boring after some time , compared to chrono or mirage's evasive combat. 

well I am stuck with it until i get new gear or full legendary to switch it to other espec 

P.S personal experience but Since i started doing fractals daily (have been doing it for over 2 months? or 3?)  I have never and i mean never seen either chrono or mirage teammate but i got virtu 2 or 3 times.

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and thoughts ❤️

I think the main thing that puts me off of Virtuoso is the floating daggers, as it ruins a lot for me hahaha.
I'll have to think more about it, but I will likely remain Mirage until ANet gives us an option to hide those blades out of combat at least!

Virt condi is insanity, it is a different play style because your not creating clones and illusions very much.  Traited, your crit rate is what helps you do an ungodly amount of bleeding that's why rampager, viper is widely used. If your used to high toughness and support then this almost glass cannon playstyle will be an adjustment to your movement, timing, and awareness, a complete adjustment. It is very fun to play and very satisfying to see things literally melt when you burst. Try it, have fun!!

• Thanks 1