Core support guard is absolute trash in current meta

Deadmoose.6594

1 hour ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Nerfs typically do that. Removing stuff from the game, or nerfing something into uselessness inadvertently removes possibilities for players to counter play one another. It's also how incongruency happens in the overall balance of the game...where person might have all the stuff that "hasn't been nerfed" which was innocuous before, but because everyone else got booted to the curb, this now previously innocuous class is now "overpowered." So whatever happened i feel you on that.

I don't exactly agree with the entire premise of these statements though. These are rather arbitrary metrics for what a good roamer needs to have. For instance, I usto roam on my reaper in WvW...i created a god like build (through tons of optomization) that could virtually handle all situations...it could stealth (and escape any fight), it could do a lot of damage, was invulnerable to CC's and near immunity to damaging conditions...it could output nearly all boons, and was really hard to kill because it was so tanky, and caused many conditions like weakness against the foe.

Even with all those things, it was largely countered by ports and speed. Even though the build could do a lot of things, "speed" wasn't really one of them...and so to further optomize it relied on using a ranged weapon to continue pressuring foes who would port or use speed skills.

So even then my roaming reaper, had the tools to be a roamer...in it's own way...and that's kind of what you need to go and do with WB...using other classes to compare yourself to them, is not really how you should be looking at your situation. Whether Anet has made that possible for your class is a real balance question...but In fact that is what things like Weapon-mastery and Relics (and hopefully other stuff in the future) enable you to do : give you access to the ability to define what your build can do in it's own way. Making stuff useful and giving you meaningful options, happens to be the right way to address balance questions (rather than nerfs to other people, or buffs to yourself) because of this fact.

Edit: Btw I still roam around on reaper in SPVP. Same story, just much less powerhouse-like. It lumbers around from point to point, so it doesn't catch a slippery peeper like thief, and doesn't have incredible defenses so it can get nuked by aggressive WB's or GS Rangers. but it has it's strengths in the team-fight, and to assist in the +1 through it's high damage output to drive players away, and reset the defending player on the node. So I play this build very much like a roamer to +1 fights and defend nodes (rather then decap them). 

also entering shroud and reviving a downed player is a super powerful option

18 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

edit : also relic of speed now exists so there’s no excuse to say that a soft counter to super speed doesn’t exist (though it would be nice if there was other more sensible counter play to it)

Relic of Speed is so dogwater garbage that I'm getting second hand embarrassment that you mentioned it at all. No WB in Plat1 or Plat2 uses Speed Relics lmao.

• Like 2