Some Signet changes I'd like to see [Competetive]

Grand Marshal.4098

Warrior clearly has the oldest and most useless Signets compared to other classes. And I'm not talking about the SoF locking for instant Adrenaline or SoM locking for the Unblockable. The passive effects are mediocre and the active effects are subpar.

Taking inspiration from some other signets, here is a quick handful of changes I'd make to spice up their use. Needless to say, all their trait needs on top of its current effects, is to maintain signet passives when used and for Ferocity Signet stacks to not vanish on mounting.

Healing Signet 

Passive: "Heal yourself every interval (1 second, 300 HP/0.08 mod) and gain Resolution (2 seconds) when affected by a damaging condition (separate 10 second interval)."

Active: "Heal yourself for a greater amount (2,500 HP/0.4 mod) and gain Resistance (7 seconds). Casttime has been reduced to 1/2 second."

Reasoning: Simply increasing the passive healing and its affected modifier will do a great deal for the melee warrior, who does not enjoy 1200 range ports and numerous ranged attack utilities like Engineer (to co trast their Healing Signet). A quicker cast for a low heal is necessary. The main value of using this skill is obviously the boons. Some resolution in the passive ensures some better boons for warrior, one that any non-defense build sorely lacks and combined with the resistance from the active, can make you very capable at dealing with a condition overload, which most probably can kill you right now. If the passive healing and resolution continues after the active, I didn't see a need to increase healing coeffs too much. Tho you'd make the sacrifice of slotting Arms and perhaps this would be the only sustain you'd get from the line.

Stamina Signet

Passive: "Increased stamina regeneration (50%). Decrease incoming condition duration by 20%."

Active: "Restore 50 Endurance and cleanse conditions every interval (4 conditions/second for 3 seconds). No cast-time."

Reasoning: endurance regen alone is not good enough for warrior when combinations like Strength and Tactics exist, or when food and vigor can work as well. Therefore by leaning more into the anti-condition aspect of the skill, you can give warrior some well-deserved condi duration tank ability, since our means of dealing with conditions outside of flat cleanse (which is less frequent that the application of conditions) can easily give us a reason to slot this instead of shake it off. The condi cleanse on use sounds pretty strong as is, but you realize that unless a harbinger uses Elixir of Ambition on you, you'll never rly get the most out of it, so a pulsing cleanse for a duration can easily keep up with condition application, while yielding less overall cleanses! It will still give warriors some room to breathe for 3 seconds though! Cooldown stays as is.

Dolyak Signet

Passive: "Gain 180 Toughness. Incoming stun duration is decreased by 33%".

Active: "Break stuns and Heal yourself (2,000 HP/0.4 mod), gain 10 stacks of stability (8 seconds)."

Reasoning: As suited for a defensive Signet focused around tankiness and stability, some Inc stun duration decrease not seen in many skills and greatly appreciated by a melee class, would go a long way to make warriors choose this over Balanced Stance or Banner of Tactics. Simply increasing the healing part a bit as well and the stability duration, to enable the 40 seconds cooldown be worthwhile, since unlike Balanced stance, there is no crit dmg immunity here.

The offensive signets more or less fulfill their purpose, so I don't see a reason to fully revamp those, however if I wanted to see something added to them it'd be:

Signet of Rage: the passive becomes baseline, the boons last 50% longer on the active and the new passive is gain some barrier in combat to enable the elite skill as a defensive and offensive tool.

Lesser Signet: becomes a Lesser Signet of Fury when you critically strike a foe (15 sec interval) where you gain 15 adrenaline and 100 precision/ferocity for 3 seconds. Great way of adrenal micromanagement. 

That's all, give me your thoughts below was bored so I went to write this.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
20% condi duration redu change
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Lesser Signet: becomes a Lesser Signet of Fury when you critically strike a foe (15 sec interval) where you gain 15 adrenaline and 100 precision/ferocity for 3 seconds. Great way of adrenal micromanagement. 

By Grenth that would be a breath of fresh air for adrenal gain.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

For Stamina Signet it would be better to be -20% condition duration rather than -10% condition duration and -10% condition damage. Your original idea helps more against damaging condis than non damaging ones, having it be -20% condi. duration evens it out. 

Sounds about right, will also even out the potential tank power creeping.

3 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

By Grenth that would be a breath of fresh air for adrenal gain.

Had this idea for a while. The changes does many good things: a small boost in ferocity and precision which can help with overall precision uptime and dps increase.

It also removes the very badly implemented 50% health lesser signet of might condition. Unblockable stacks and might (which can be capped) promoted toxic gameplay with gunflame and overcapping might on such a conditional skill made it useless. And picking Arms means you'll most likely not pick Tactics or strength, unless a core warrior, to capitalize on might.

Lesser Signet of Fury makes more thematic sense and opens up a way for quick adrenal bursts even without using Furious, which is a no for power builds.

• Confused 1