How about before we do balancing fix basic issues!

chaoslordlol.3165

4 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I'm fairly certain that different people deal with skills vs those that deal with graphics, ie, artists.  🤷‍♂️

Its true. There's at least two different teams for skill-balancing; one is able to fundamentally change the function of skills, the other is responsible for tweaking numbers up or down (usually down) like CD's, power coefficients, how many stacks of condi a skill applies. For the latter think CmC, Grouch, because that's all they've ever been able to do is tune numbers up or down by their own admission. When a skill completely changes in function, that's the skills team's doing, and it usually comes to PvP second-hand because skills aren't ever being specifcally redesigned for the afterthought that is pvp. 

Same for the graphics, there's Red Castles that design the animations and graphics of the skills themselves who work very hard, then there's a team responsible for hammering out graphical bugs who are hardly working. Doesn't the infinite Spellbreaker FC bug still exist? Even if it doesn't now, it did at EoD launch, so for 5 years straight across all 3 parts of the game.

2 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Didn't Grouch leave Anet?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

Haven't looked into it in a while, but according to the wiki, a certain Grouch is game director now.

From PvP player, to numbers tweaking, to creative lead of the entire game, assuming of course that this is the same Grouch. If it is, that just doesn't make any sense to me. Huge lateral movement there, and there's people that have been involved with pvp for far longer. Probably you as well with that many forum posts. Would vote for you instead if it worked that way.

📉💀