So when is Anet reverting gunsaber rework?

Khlori.6209

So...i've started play Warrior few days ago, After.... Well 11 years of engineer only. Unlocked all 3 specialization and tried them out in OW. Berz Is fun and all but holo seems likes a Better version of It i dunno yet. Spellbreaker can be reeeealy tanky and i like that when hunting for bounties solo. But Bladesworn... Well, at first i noticed the sound of the bullets fired from the Blade, kitten, sooo kitten loud! Then the actual gunsabre felt slow and really weak in the damage department. The dragonslash thingy Is ok but maybe a bit underwelming considering the tradeoffs... Maybe Is Just me, again, Just started my War and i'm comparing It to my engi, so maybe Is not fair.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Corvolupo.5708 said:

So...i've started play Warrior few days ago, After.... Well 11 years of engineer only. Unlocked all 3 specialization and tried them out in OW. Berz Is fun and all but holo seems likes a Better version of It i dunno yet. Spellbreaker can be reeeealy tanky and i like that when hunting for bounties solo. But Bladesworn... Well, at first i noticed the sound of the bullets fired from the Blade, kitten, sooo kitten loud! Then the actual gunsabre felt slow and really weak in the damage department. The dragonslash thingy Is ok but maybe a bit underwelming considering the tradeoffs... Maybe Is Just me, again, Just started my War and i'm comparing It to my engi, so maybe Is not fair.

I've played a good deal of it, Bladesworn still very much falls victim to the "high effort, low reward" issue that currently plagues Warrior. That is with the exception of Defense Condizerker and Defense Bladesworn at the moment. Its pretty rough to experience it when you can visibly see other classes do so much more in regards to damage, sustain, and utility with much less effort to pull it off. Usually its just a couple button presses and tadaa. It is especially visible right now with how Condi builds just are and things like the perma daze Mesmer build existing. Fun stuff.

• Confused 3

22 hours ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I've played a good deal of it, Bladesworn still very much falls victim to the "high effort, low reward" issue that currently plagues Warrior. That is with the exception of Defense Condizerker and Defense Bladesworn at the moment. Its pretty rough to experience it when you can visibly see other classes do so much more in regards to damage, sustain, and utility with much less effort to pull it off. Usually its just a couple button presses and tadaa. It is especially visible right now with how Condi builds just are and things like the perma daze Mesmer build existing. Fun stuff.

warrior is the same for 11 yrs, berserker really only changed it the most.  bladesworn is thematic too, hybrid gunsaber. unless you're glued to longbow /rifle you're in for effort to succeed. largely weapons don't have the balance esp. mesmer greatsword but it's an ongoing weap balance issue  ..builds mean nothing, when weapons determine the playingfield. mesm gonna have a greatsword it shouldn't function at same range as staff , althewhile being able to shatter confusion 1200units away, whowver thought GS daggers swords  should fire 900-1200 range projectiles was delusional.  It's too easy. meanwhile warrior gets no additional benefits on 'real' range weapons, no teleport, no mimic, just minimal condi applications. Eod only lengthend the issue giving casters melee weapons they've no business using . 

Edited by cjttruelife.9172

It's the sad reality of them rehashing old animations. Gunsaber is essentially just another generic greatsword, with old animations and range. It would've been cool if they added more samurai animations besides just Dragon Trigger. Daring Dragon added to the samurai aspect but now it's gone.

Anet did their best but it would've been better if they went for a theme that was achievable as they couldn't do samurai properly this time around. They did achieve their visions with berserker and spellbreaker, but sadly Bladesworn didn't quite hit the mark.