Silverwastes "covered in bees!" achievement bug or major issue

So I've become increasingly frustrated with the design of this achievement. After extensive research from other people posting how to guides on websites and youtube, it appears that you have to hide behind the beehive TWICE in order to get the achievement but no way in hell is that possible with today's climate for the encounter. The boss often dies before the first laser even occurs and if you're lucky because the map has a low player count it will die before the second laser occurs. I have been attempting to do this achievement for a month now and still haven't gotten it despite being able to hide behind the beehive and not get hit. Why is this impossible? Is it a bug? Is it supposed to occur if you can avoid it just once? If so why hasn't it been working for me after a month of attempts? I see other people complaining about this as well so what's up.... why is this impossible?

Edited by Secret.6813
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Your best bet is to ask ppl to slow down/bring a healer build, and if enuf of the peeps don't act like locusts devouring everything in their path...MAYBE you can get it.
This was the case for me a year ago as well, just me and MANY peeps bitching and moaning in map chat until enuf ppl saw it and actually slowed down.

It is not possible with enough power creep that we had in this game even 5-10 ppl can burn it down no problem.

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is not possible with enough power creep that we had in this game even 5-10 ppl can burn it down no problem.

I said "Best bet (out of every option cuz they are all bad)", I never said it was a "surefire way", "good way", or "easy way".
The power creep from early 2023 to now, isn't even that big of a difference, those so called "45k golem dps" u guys cook up doesn't really happen in Silverwastes, so if me and a bunch of randos in Feb 2023 powercreep state (42k back then?) cud organize enuf to do it, so can OP.
In fact, most ppl said it was impossible in Feb 2023 too, and a lot of ppl probably been screaming the same message since PoF came out, its been "omg powercreep cant slow down SW boss kill, its impossible".
But it is possible, its just getting harder and harder every year.

To add on to my earlier suggestion.
OP shud wait until Halloween is over, then put "slow dps on meta boss for achieve" or whatever phrase ppl want in Central Tyria Squads LFG, since there will be no more LAB postings there and therefore less cluttered.
Either post it by themselves, or get a like-minded Commander to do it for them.
Most importantly, make sure to relay the intent to the map chat, because nobody knows what other ppl want, unless its been communicated.

Yeah I lost all interest in playing now because I can't seem to live out my dreams of getting all achievements. I was on a dead server last night where only 4 of us were on the dude and still died before 2nd laser happened. Sad to see anet not even caring or responding about this issue in the past.