Why am I consistently getting 35%+ dmg on my team and other top stats and being placed with afk'ers

Deadmoose.6594

On 11/8/2023 at 3:35 PM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

My rank has dropped an insane amount this season, I can't even win anymore. This just points to epic levels of toxicity and in my opinion, the myriad issues that plague the conquest game mode. It must be in its last death throes because this is ridiculous. In order to get a win now it's like my team has to win 4v5, which we actually did once - we had an afk'er from the start of the match but we still won. Now I'm seeing entire teams quit almost immediately, and not even trying.

ANET, I HIGHLY SUGGEST BREAKING THE GLASS AND FINALLY AT LEAST TRYING SOMETHING NEW:

OK. so to be fair, if your getting the 35% damage in games where you've got 4 afkers then.....

On 11/13/2023 at 1:40 PM, shion.2084 said:

OK. so to be fair, if your getting the 35% damage in games where you've got 4 afkers then.....

Nah it happens regardless if there are afk'ers or not.

On 11/14/2023 at 12:18 PM, Nabbut.7480 said:

The reason for you losing the games is simple. You are overperforming.

For the sake of balancing winrates, overperforming is punished as hard as underperforming.

I've never heard of overperforming being punished before if you lose. I've heard of overperforming and winning being punished because your rating goes up and so you are expected to carry more, but never with losing.

On 11/17/2023 at 2:02 AM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I've never heard of overperforming being punished before if you lose. I've heard of overperforming and winning being punished because your rating goes up and so you are expected to carry more, but never with losing.

Getting queued with much worse players (which leads to losing in his case) is the punishment for having high personal rating.

If someone haves very high personal rating, to average the team score he gets queued with much lower personal rating teammates.

7 hours ago, Nabbut.7480 said:

Getting queued with much worse players (which leads to losing in his case) is the punishment for having high personal rating.

If someone haves very high personal rating, to average the team score he gets queued with much lower personal rating teammates.

yeah that's understandable but my rating isn't even that high this season