Best keybinds?

The best setup is the one you find comfortable and easy to use.

I'm left-handed so I put all my skills on the number pad, along with call target, take target, weapon swap and the 4 profession skills on the top row. Then I use my thumb on the arrow keys to move and have the 5th profession skill and the special action key on page up and page down. I have dodge, mount, auto-run, F and the action camera toggle bound to extra buttons on my mouse. Then I use the main body of the keyboard for menu keys, mounts, and  duplicate line of skills I only use for Bell Choir at Wintersday.

• Like 1

Regardless of your keyboard you should always go with what's most comfortable for you, but since you asked, I suggest you bind your profession skill/skills to something that's naturally always within your reach, since I main Holosmith and being able to activate/deactivate my profession skill very precisely I mapped my F5 to my Mouse 5, same goes for other Professions, although I understand that the more of these skills you have this can be difficult to do.

Also I personally recommend swapping the original interact key from [F] to [E], I know that's normally the strafe right button, but E a little more convenient Imo and you can always strafe using W+D.

Also, I suggested you find the look behind option and bind that to your mouse as well, it can be very useful in competitive as well as in PvE sometimes, if I remember correctly normally it's not even bound to a key at all.

About other skills, most people try to condense their Utility and Elite further to the left of the keyboard, so they're in reach of the natural position of their left hand that constantly controls the movement, the benefit of that is that it makes it easier to move and cast at the same time, especially useful in competitive as well. 

Regarding mounts, I always prefer a full length keyboard to use my Num pad keys for stuff like that. So I got my mounts from Num 1-9 and my [+/×/÷] for Mastery skills such as skiff, fishing and personal waypoint. There's an add on you could use for those, but if you don't feel comfortable with that, that's an alternative.

And always remember, it's fine to click your skills when and if you need to, it's not a crime, or maybe it is but at least it's not punishable by law.

I've a MX518 by Logitech and a SGK30 mechanical keyboard from Sharkoon.
I'm not a fan of the rather short lifespan of my Logitech mice (I usually get the double-click bug after about 1.5-2 years, someone recommended the 518 and it seems to be more robust), but I love their drivers, which are so customizable that I have different settings for different games and even desktop and Photoshop.

A key is my healing skill
D key is my stun break (which I put on/replaced #7)

I play wvw much and it is important to reach those two fast. Clicking them takes too long.

The 0 (for the elite skill) I set on a mouse button. As well as skyscale mount, griffon, weapon switch and the skill #9 (because I need a fast toggle for dwarf hammer rotation on my rev). It'd be way better if I could choose in which slot the elite skill is set .

<> is my raptor mount
Shift for bunny mount (yeah it is sometimes trouble with combos like shift+h for disabling the ui for screenshots)
I don't know anymore what crazy key combination I set for the special action key, but with the keyboard driver I put that combination on the other way most useless and annoying key a keyboard hast... Caps Lock. 😉
So caps lock is my special action key without locking.

Since ctrl+T is for setting a target I set alt+T for the personal target (also only sth I need in wvw, commander tags get drowned by player names)

Scrollwheel-click is set to double click (set with a mouse script). A left over from the time I didn't know I can right click a stack to consume/open all xD But it is still handy from time to time.

Edited by Lucy.3728