Level 80 Boost - Which Class is Hardest to Level?

Hi everyone. I have 1 last remaining level 80 boost I need to get rid of (for the shared inventory slot) and I can't decide on which class to use it on:

1. Ranger
  2. Thief
  3. Rev
  4. Engi

I already have a few level 80s (Necro, Mesmer, Guardian and Ele) so I know the game (somewhat). I just don't know which among the four above is hardest to level in open world PvE. It's also a factor if I'll have much use for the class in fractals and raids, but the leveling journey is the primary concern.

Revenant hardest? Definitely not since autoattacks with cleave are enough for nearly all of Core Tyria. There's no point for blinds/etc for Core Tyria because raw power on nearly any class will cut through anything with ease for the purposes of leveling. Engi is not really a mobile class and lacks a lot of cleave in general and can be quite painful to level up without a melee weapon since it's more about speed to kill than utility unless you're handling more than one Elite. Bosses are another thing, but if you're just trying to level, whatever's the slowest time to kill will be the most obnoxious.

None of those above is the hardest but if you have to pick then prob rev, why ? Because they are so slow pre-80 with very limited nearly to none movement ability at all but since PoF released mount solved these problem so tbh just pick any.

About fractal it can narrow down to condi SB and condi renegade.

@Eros.6801 said:None of those above is the hardest but if you have to pick then prob rev, why ? Because they are so slow pre-80 with very limited nearly to none movement ability at all but since PoF released mount solved these problem so tbh just pick any.

Dwarven stabo field + mace 3/hammer 3/5 gives you swifty. It's really easy to keep up nigh on perma swifty - pre-80 - on rev.

@"Miss Lana.5276" said:Dwarven stabo field + mace 3/hammer 3/5 gives you swifty. It's really easy to keep up nigh on pre-80 perma swifty on rev.

Yes that's true but it extremely annoying to do so, keep tracking your swiftness and not to mention those are unusable underwater + in narrow places the skill might hit mobs around which even worse. The only skill i find it convenient on pre-80 rev is " Impossible Odds " , while other classes has perma 25% benefit from traits/ utilites as a rev that take us alot of effort to keep up. But hey like i said mount solved everything....atleast for PoF player.

@Eros.6801 said:

@"Miss Lana.5276" said:Dwarven stabo field + mace 3/hammer 3/5 gives you swifty. It's really easy to keep up nigh on pre-80 perma swifty on rev.

Yes that's true but it extremely annoying to do so, keep tracking your swiftness and not to mention those are unusable underwater + in narrow places the skill might hit mobs around which even worse. The only skill i find it convenient on pre-80 rev is " Impossible Odds " , while other classes has perma 25% benefit from traits/ utilites as a rev that take us alot of effort to keep up. But hey like i said mount solved everything....atleast for PoF player.

Very true, I can't say this hasn't put me in combat, because it definitely has. I found impossible odds more difficult to keep track of, but it is handy that it doesn't hit enemy mobs.

I'm glad you mentioned mounts because that was going to be my next comment lol

Archived