How much platinum you get from the mining ore in the home instance?

Buran.3796

Was finishging Malchor's Leap with an alt and got a key, the chest gift me with a platinum mining ore for the nome instance and I'm trying to evaluate if I should use or sell...  Most of my nodes provide 3 units of each stuff x day (plus some extra based on my tools), how goes with the platinum ore?

Technically keep it because in theory it's an infinite source of income. But, the time it will take to pay for its value is quite long.

Current buy orders for a node are 81 gold which is what you could get if you just sold it instantly on the trading post.

Once you factor in your exchange fees you would pocket about 68 gold.

You can mine the node 3 times per day, each time you will get 1 platinum and a chance at a gem shard plus whatever else you have from your mining tools.

Platinum is worth about 2 silver on the TP, and the shards range from about 60-70 copper.

Best case scenario let's say you get 3 platinum ore and 3 gem shards every time, that's just under 10 silver per day, before fees. Let's be really generous and round it up to 10 silver.

68 gold is 6,800 silver, divide that by your 10 silver per day gives you 680 days.

It will take you almost two years of mining that node every day to make what you could sell it for right now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Darksteel ingots still sell fairly well on the TP.

It does but you still make a loss on just selling the ore. To make profits you need to be placing large bulk buy orders at good prices and then list your ingots and wait.

Either way you'd still be talking months if not years to turn the kind of profit to break even on the quick sale value of the node.

It's ultimately up to OP but home instance nodes are all a long term investment, generally speaking you want a full home instance that you farm every single day on multiple characters to be worth it.

Made the numbers, at current platinum prices would take me ~3.4 years to get the value it has in the market, so put on sale at 90 gold coins, got the sell in half a day and I'll use the profits to get the runes and sigils for my last three toons. Thanx for the advices!