Sundering Bursts

Grand Marshal.4098

This trait should do something additional to benefit power and condition builds alike.

Increased vulnerability duration or increased strike/condition damage to 1.5% per stack. 

But since the trait competes with Sword Mastery for condi, maybe just increase outgoing strike damage to vulnerable foes. 

If you really want to make power Arms competitive, some ferocity and conditional crit chance increase won't cut it. 

In wvw no enemy will be bleeding to gain any advantage of the crit chance increase and the 150 ferocity from Burst Precision will not be a big deal.

Arms needs more oomph.

52 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

This trait should do something additional to benefit power and condition builds alike.

Increased vulnerability duration or increased strike/condition damage to 1.5% per stack. 

But since the trait competes with Sword Mastery for condi, maybe just increase outgoing strike damage to vulnerable foes.

When I play core Warrior with Arms instead of playing Spellbreaker, I usually choose Unsuspecting Foe over Sundering Burst to get more out of Bull's Charge.

Sundering Burst just doesn't feel worth taking to me.

52 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

If you really want to make power Arms competitive, some ferocity and conditional crit chance increase won't cut it. 

Arms needs more oomph.

It especially needs more oomph that is not tied to Bursts. Back-loading much of Warrior's output to Bursts just feels bad to me.

I'd Rework Furious Burst to grant Fury when striking an enemy. Then they could make Bursts reset the cooldown of the trait.

Deep Strikes should also grant additional power damage instead of only condition damage.

Bloodlust also needs to do something for power damage. Maybe they could give it a small bit of additional power damage against bleeding enemies.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

When I play core Warrior with Arms instead of playing Spellbreaker, I usually choose Unsuspecting Foe over Sundering Burst to get more out of Bull's Charge.

Sundering Bursts just doesn't feel worth taking to me.

It especially needs more oomph that is not tied to Bursts. Back-loading much of Warrior's output to Bursts just feels bad to me.

I'd Rework Furious Burst to grant Fury when striking an enemy. Then they could make Bursts reset the cooldown of the trait.

Deep Strikes should also grant additional power damage instead of only condition damage.

Bloodlust also needs to do something for power damage. Maybe they could give it a small bit of additional power damage against bleeding enemies.

Idk why they thought that slapping 150 ferocity and conditional crit chance increase, would make Arms a threatening power line, when they just halved Zerk mode power and ferocity increases for comp...

We need to find very elaborate ways to increase our power level. Honestly vulnerability is also cleansed immediately, so as far as the trait's value goes, it's debatably useful. However for the bow zerker I play in wvw, it's better than nothing. So it would be nice if we could gain something from our allies inflicting vulnerability on enemies like extra damage. 

Deep strikes is too bloated with 10% crit chance and 180 condi dmg. They won't touch it.

But bloodlust not having life leech on bleed on crit is a loss. 

Honestly, I don't get why of all specs warrior cannot augment Fury for power builds when Ranger, rev, mesmer can all do something with it. 

Ofc it makes sense how Devastation/Invocation and Dueling all offer much better traits than Arms, despite sharing a similar role. Give it to warrior to have the worst traits or the single OP GM.