Troll Therapy

We have a problem in WvW with trolls , supposedly on our team pulling tactics to make them unusable when we need them. It is so bad the tactics are almost useless and there is currently no way to solve it. 

My suggestion is a way for us to be able to change their status to "enemy" if they are caught pulling tactics. Then we could kill them and they would have to break walls etc. to get into any structure just like other enemies.  (Could be a vote requiring 5 people in squad to approve or something so it is not constantly used etc. ?) 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2023 at 5:11 PM, Drakken.5641 said:

We have a problem in WvW with trolls , supposedly on our team pulling tactics to make them unusable when we need them. It is so bad the tactics are almost useless and there is currently no way to solve it. 

My suggestion is a way for us to be able to change their status to "enemy" if they are caught pulling tactics. Then we could kill them and they would have to break walls etc. to get into any structure just like other enemies.  (Could be a vote requiring 5 people in squad to approve or something so it is not constantly used etc. ?) 

You would end up adding more trolls. Example people could use alt-accounts to tag and kill your scouts that did legit pulls for you.

I'll have to agree with Grimm, that would be very abuse-able. Just imagine someone running 5 alt accounts on your server, and vote your commander a "troll".

Unfortunately this is not something you'll ever get rid of in any Mass-pvp systems like this. You need basically controlled teams in some manner to be able to get rid of trolls. Example in WR you can get rid of trolls from your own WR-Guild, but you'll have no control over what other players you get teamed up with, so any number of trolls could possibly join your team each time. The same with Server system really, you have no control over who joins your server and can't kick them out.

----

The way to "fix" this is not to punish the trolls, but either make their actions cost something or be a benefit for the team. Which is easy to say but really hard to design.
* Example: Make it a gold cost to pull tactivator (similar to gold costs for upgrading wvw structures in the past).
* ... I'll admit I can't come up with any way to benefit from having them there... but it would be the best way to counter them, make them realize that by having an alt/sly account or trolling you're actually benefiting your team/server.

Edited by joneirikb.7506