Ranger's Spirit Bug?

Oahkahmewolf.6210

9 hours ago, Bastrii.3047 said:

I actually find the spirits really powerful as a hybrid, more than any other utility at times, especially as druid. The damage potential is not absurd (as you're not focusing on one stat), but it's definitely potent on top of powerful sustain.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMZlJwOYKsN2JO2Tat7BkA-DyIY1oivMCLBatAkf0UgfNQFA-e

This is the build I run for general play. It's basically pure AoE. Storm Spirit is a free 7-14k damage. I'm constantly at 25 might. It's raining arrows around me half the time. I can self-blast during Rejuvinating Tides for AoE burst healing, while at the same time pumping out more boons than I can handle. I basically never have to leave longbow because I'm essentially pushing out constant, non-stop, area wide damage, and when I'm on cooldown for longbow skills, I just enter CA.

The pros are that this build is super flexible and tanky. Anything around you or your spirits is never going to have a chance to deal damage, because they are 1. Dazed, 2. Rooted, or 3. Blinded. On top of all other effects, like Chilled, Crippled, and Weakened from Call of the Wild. And your damage output, while not game-breaking or topping charts, is decent enough while providing a ton of healing and boon coverage.

I'd suspect a build like this would be toxic in PvP, if it didn't have longer cooldowns on the spirits and CA. Because you can use Spirits in stealth, without breaking stealth. Then you can end stealth with CA for free CC. I honestly wouldn't know what to do during this if I was desperately trying to cap a point and suddenly, a hailstorm of CC, AoE, and Condis began to rain down on top of me. And the person doing it all is invisible, and about to dazelock me. Thankfully, the cooldowns in PvP are too long to encourage nuking, and people can still outrun it if they're smart. On top of this, you'd still want CC break, so you'd have to drop *something* for it.

Now change the stats from celestial to anything else and let's see how it's gonna go 😂

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, DarkFlopy.8197 said:

Now change the stats from celestial to anything else and let's see how it's gonna go 😂

"Let's change this hybrid build meant for open world into a non-hybrid build stat wise, surely this is intelligent."

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bastrii.3047 said:

"Let's change this hybrid build meant for open world into a non-hybrid build stat wise, surely this is intelligent."

I don't think it was specified anywhere to what game mode the build was purposed for, if so that is my bad for missing it out.

And now that I know that it's for PVE then running celestial is a giant waste of stats unless you are trying to solo group content on your own.

But anywho now that I know it's for PVE open world no one really cares what you will run as long as you have fun, it does what you wanted it to do and you are able to kill something on your own in a time frame less than eternity. 😂

Edited by DarkFlopy.8197
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DarkFlopy.8197 said:

I don't think it was specified anywhere to what game mode the build was purposed for, if so that is my bad for missing it out.

And now that I know that it's for PVE then running celestial is a giant waste of stats unless you are trying to solo group content on your own.

But anywho now that I know it's for PVE open world no one really cares what you will run as long as you have fun, it does what you wanted it to do and you are able to kill something on your own in a time frame less than eternity. 😂

It's perfect for open world, because it focuses entirely on AoE with the ability to flip to support in a moment's notice. It feels great to play, it's fun, and it melts massive packs in seconds. You're just whining because it's not a minmaxed damage dealer and you can't stand people having fun, I get it. No need to be childish on a forum because people like to hybrid.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bastrii.3047 said:

It's perfect for open world, because it focuses entirely on AoE with the ability to flip to support in a moment's notice. It feels great to play, it's fun, and it melts massive packs in seconds. You're just whining because it's not a minmaxed damage dealer and you can't stand people having fun, I get it. No need to be childish on a forum because people like to hybrid.

Where was I childish? Where was I whining? You are just going full defensive kitten for no reason, I literally said if it's open world no one cares what others run as long as you have fun and it does what you wanted it to do.

kitten soy boys getting offended about anything that doesn't match what they want.

Go full minstrel for all I care lol.

Edited by DarkFlopy.8197
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/30/2024 at 1:19 PM, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Storm spirit can be boosted by might, but not one applied to your own character.
It needs to receive it like any other player - via AoE application.
Of course due to it's very short window of existence that is rather hard and the second slam from nature's vengeance has only 50% of initial one's power.

"Rather hard" = almost impossible 😛
You'd have to pull that off being right on the enemy you're attacking right?

• 2 weeks later...

hate bringing dead forums back alive, but I didn't think it be good idea make a new one ether.

Interestingly enough I've been testing spirit thoroughly second time around seeing what boons it can be effect. Turns out Quickness seems to speed its slam if that really is a game changer. 1.5s-2.5s seconds faster on the second slam. I hate asking but if anyone interested in testing this out to confirm my case of testing, please let me know if you are getting the same results.  - forgot to mention Im using nature's vengence.

And yes you having quickness doesn't effect the spirits slam, the spirit has to have quickness in order for it to slam faster.

Edited by Oahkahmewolf.6210