Applied force - Patch Preview Nerf

Fwog.9387

Applied Force: Reduced the bonus power per might stack from 35 to 30 in PvE only.

Who was this for? It's not power scrappers in pve... they don't take this straight. Not only are power scrappers virtually non existent because they are the incorrect choice in the majority of fights, losing out to firebrand pretty much always except 2 fights. But power scrapper the rare times i find them in the wild... are taken for quickness and power dps right? Meaning they aren't even taking Applied force. Who was this change for? Pure selfish power scrappers? Where? They exist?

I have to mock Anet because i legitimately believe they just do random nonsense in the patch notes sometimes. This change makes zero sense. Did a power scrapper open world out dps an anet in drizzlewood? What happened? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Scrapper is one of the best power dps builds to run in instanced content at the moment because of the latest buffs to that trait. You may not produce quickness but you're still chock full of CC, can revive at range and hand out superspeed like candy with a 40k+ bench and simple gameplay.

• Like 7

Lol You talk like its one of the btter power DPS, but op is right. I command strike and raid pretty often, and I almost never see them. But that said, before I get roosted, I dont care about the nerf. I dont care about scrapper, its build and gameplay are just whatever at this point. Their support trait are random and dont make that much sence. Its DPS trait are boring. Honestly its just core engi with superspeed, the hammer was the only thing cool on scrapper.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/13/2024 at 1:21 AM, MrForz.1953 said:

Scrapper is one of the best power dps builds to run in instanced content at the moment because of the latest buffs to that trait. You may not produce quickness but you're still chock full of CC, can revive at range and hand out superspeed like candy with a 40k+ bench and simple gameplay.

I have never seen a scrapper sustain 40k but ill take your word for it. I don't exactly have a large sample size. Outside of content where you can quickly burst something down in like 5 seconds, i don't know why you would run a power scrapper. 40 k bench shouldn't even be an issue. I am firmly of the believe anet should stop glancing at benchmarks on snowcrows for balance design and focus on the classes that are auto picked for every party (firebrand since 2017)

3 hours ago, Fwog.9387 said:

I have never seen a scrapper sustain 40k but ill take your word for it. I don't exactly have a large sample size. Outside of content where you can quickly burst something down in like 5 seconds, i don't know why you would run a power scrapper. 40 k bench shouldn't even be an issue. I am firmly of the believe anet should stop glancing at benchmarks on snowcrows for balance design and focus on the classes that are auto picked for every party (firebrand since 2017)

I don't think Anet even envisions Scrapper as a pure Power Dps, I was surprised to see that massive of a buff to be honest, especially considering they seemed to mostly focus on Support aspects in general, now they're cutting down on this and pushing even more for support Scrapper.

3 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

I don't think Anet even envisions Scrapper as a pure Power Dps, I was surprised to see that massive of a buff to be honest, especially considering they seemed to mostly focus on Support aspects in general, now they're cutting down on this and pushing even more for support Scrapper.

Honestly, even After this patch, Pscrapper Is gonna be great, at least for a Solo player like me, the support version Just feel boring imo, plus, i don't play istanced pve, the last weeks were a blast in OW and bounty hunting, i Just Hope they don't revert the last trait buff completely over time.

On 1/14/2024 at 11:55 PM, Corvolupo.5708 said:

Honestly, even After this patch, Pscrapper Is gonna be great, at least for a Solo player like me, the support version Just feel boring imo, plus, i don't play istanced pve, the last weeks were a blast in OW and bounty hunting, i Just Hope they don't revert the last trait buff completely over time.

I don't want anyone to get it twisted. I will admit i didn't know there was a snowcrows page of a high benchmark of scrapper but even with that in mind... its a benchmark and from observation it is clearly not a problem. I think I saw data that Mirage is played by less than 1% of the player base and it is getting hit too. Anet said in a post in 2022 they would stop nerfing classes based on benchmark tests. So that coupled with the fact that these builds really don't see play, i have to mock anet for nerfing them at all. 

I don't really care that they changed it. I care about why they likely changed it. Who was losing a spot in a group to a scrapper? Who was harmed by scrapper that they needed to change it? Its either a random change or anet has no clue what they are doing. The lead balance design fire wizard is working his magic. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fwog.9387 said:

I don't want anyone to get it twisted. I will admit i didn't know there was a snowcrows page of a high benchmark of scrapper but even with that in mind... its a benchmark and from observation it is clearly not a problem. I think I saw data that Mirage is played by less than 1% of the player base and it is getting hit too. Anet said in a post in 2022 they would stop nerfing classes based on benchmark tests. So that coupled with the fact that these builds really don't see play, i have to mock anet for nerfing them at all. 

I don't really care that they changed it. I care about why they likely changed it. Who was losing a spot in a group to a scrapper? Who was harmed by scrapper that they needed to change it? Its either a random change or anet has no clue what they are doing. The lead balance design fire wizard is working his magic. 

To be honest, i see why they are nerfing It a bit, i mean,  Is a selfish Pdps with good utility, Easy rotation and Is extremely durable. In this sense, Pholo deserve Better, cuz is far more selfish, less durable and even less Easy to play well. We Will lose 125 Power from this Nerf and, i Say, It does not change anything of what i already stated above.

• Like 1

The power dps engi class should be Holo

I hope after scrapper nerf, they put effort into improve Holo, not in DPS but in gameplay

Overheating build is awful asf, they have tried with pistol buffs but isn't enough to compete with hammer overheat build

• Like 1